Why is Morn said to talk people's ear off?

second.of.three

Report this Sep. 22 2013, 8:18 pm

Why is it that people on Deep Space Nine always complain that Morn talks too much, when he never talks at all, even when the camera's not directly on him? Is this a running joke, or does his species communicate telepathically perhaps?

kkt

Report this Sep. 23 2013, 12:17 am

It was supposed to be a running joke.  Not DS9's best joke, but that's what they had in mind.

Anime Odo

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 7:10 pm

it's a hillarius joke

"I don't believe in luck, but I appreciate the sentiment." - Odo

second.of.three

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 7:53 pm

What I don't get is the fact that people learn something from him, as evidenced by their responses. So how does the guy communicate?

david.b.levinson

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 8:09 pm

As Morn's bartender and best friend I can tell you that he was a very talkative fellow. We had many interesting conversations when I wasn't busy scheming with Quark or serving drinks to HUMANS. If you want I'll tell you about them some time.

Broik

kkt

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 8:10 pm

He talks.  Just not on camera.  Ha. Ha.

david.b.levinson

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 8:38 pm

Does anyone know how to change the widget/avatar next to my name in the forum?

UninvitedGuest

Report this Sep. 25 2013, 6:20 am

They also say he does other stuff like sparring with Worf in the holosuite even though all he really does is sit there on his bar-stool all the time.

second.of.three

Report this Sep. 25 2013, 3:27 pm

Must be a delicate makeup job. Maybe he can't open his mouth far enough to form a single word. And that bulky body of his probably doesn't move around easily either.

david.b.levinson

Report this Sep. 25 2013, 3:35 pm

Mark wore a one piece head but he was able to talk fairly well. My makeup was three pieces which gave me no problems in conversing. It did though get a bit warm on hot days.

Broik

EmpokNorStationManager

POSTS: 2034

Report this Sep. 26 2013, 10:56 am

The running joke was that his verbal communication was all off-camera, and just missed as the viewer joined the scene....

That is all.... Empok Nor Station Manager

Users browsing this forum: DS9_FOREVER!