Bored by the middle of the episode

AudridDax706

Report this Sep. 22 2013, 3:14 pm

Jeen Luck Pickerd

Report this Sep. 22 2013, 7:02 pm

For DS9 it is very important to watch them in order, because episodes bulid on each other. So I recommend watching the episodes in order. With TNG and TOS watching the episodes in order is not AS important (it still is better to watch in order just not as important as shows like voyager and DS9)

"Flowers!!! is there a John Luck Pickerd here?" -Q

K_tigress

Report this Sep. 22 2013, 8:33 pm

You can always twiddle your thumbs during the boring parts. Or how about taking up a hobby such as knitting stuff. Like a tea cozy or something? Or you can take up an interesting conversation with your imaginary friend?
Just a thought. Till you get back to the more interesting parts of the show.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

AudridDax706

Report this Sep. 22 2013, 8:50 pm

Thanks! I'll watch it from the beginning again. And maybe twiddle my thumbs a bit. :)

JoCat

Report this Sep. 22 2013, 9:15 pm

AudridDax706

Report this Sep. 23 2013, 8:49 am

Quote: JoCat @ Sep. 22 2013, 9:15 pm

>I also recommend watching Voyager in order because then the stories make more sense. I once had a friend start watching Voyager in the middle of the 1st season and it did not make sense to her. I suggested she watch the very first episode (Caretaker). She did and the stories made more sense after that.

Thanks you! I watched Voyager in order about two years ago. I think I will again!

"How many times do I have to tell you, Madam? I'm a Doctor, not a bartender." -The Doctor, Twisted

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Sep. 23 2013, 12:05 pm

Definitely recommend watching in order.

Some episodes of season 1 and 2 kinda suck, but don't worry, there are still some good ones in there and by season 3 everything picks right up.

"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty." Frank Herbert(Dune)

Anime Odo

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 7:02 pm

At first I thought it was boring, but after they expanded the Odo charactor it got alot better!!!!!!

"I don't believe in luck, but I appreciate the sentiment." - Odo

Orlenda

Report this Oct. 08 2013, 6:23 pm

i jumped aorund alot watching it...but i also had a good general overview of what was going on from reading spoilers online and talking to others who had seen it in order...so i wasnt bored!  Its a good show (a point i didnt get until i was older and had exprienced some real dark times in my life)-but perhaps not for you?  maybe you need to have experienced a certain amount of life to "get" DS9....

Voyager was my first love and i got into that as a teen, so maybe try that instead?  Its still my fave series of the treks (possibly of all TV series)

EmpokNorStationManager

POSTS: 2034

Report this Oct. 15 2013, 7:42 am

Quote: AudridDax706 @ Sep. 22 2013, 3:14 pm

>I've watched all of the episodes, but I haven't watched each one all the way through. During most of them I would be bored and just turn it off. I think it may have to do with all of the skipping around I do. Should I watch the series in order from the beginning? If not, which season would be best to start with? Thanks for your ideas and expirence!

I'd watch them all in order...  I know Seasons 1 and 2 are dry and somewhat difficult to get through...  however they lay the backdrop for Seasons 3-7....  Stick with it, you can do it and you won't regret it....

That is all.... Empok Nor Station Manager

Utopia Planetia

Report this Nov. 09 2013, 11:21 am

Start with the first episode of season three and watch in order from there to the end. Season 3 is a good introduction for people who don't know deep space nine or dislike it. Season 3 has the ship, so it feels much more familiar to inattentive or reluctant viewers.

It's where I started when I got into deep space nine four or five years ago after skipping it in my childhood in favor of next generation and the original series. Now, deep space nine is my favorite by a long shot.

You'll appreciate seasons 1 and 2 more after watching all of 3-7 in order.