Star Trek Books

mjcallista@yahoo.ca

Report this Aug. 24 2013, 8:43 am

I've been a Trekkie fan for a long time, but have just started recently to read some of the books as well.  So far two of my favourite books are DS9: A stitch in time with my favourite DS9 character Garak, and STNG: Q Squared.  What are your favourites?  Any books you wouldn't recommend?

mjcallista: "Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." ~Captain Jean-Luc Picard~

kirkanddata12

Report this Aug. 24 2013, 10:44 am

I would recommened star trek the return by william shatner. Also any of david macks books are great.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Aug. 24 2013, 11:08 am

What I always suggest is start with your favorite series and find books written by your favorite authors.  I've found that with well over 500 Star Trek books in my library and the various discussions, books one person hates, another person loves.

I would also suggest perusing through the books forum and look at the discussions on different books.

rob39874

Report this Aug. 25 2013, 4:05 am

I would reccomend most Peter David novels

Star Trek errand of Vengenace Trilogy and the follow on trilogy Errand of Fury Also the Crucible Trilogy are by far the best TOS novels I have read

It depends on what genre you like as there is some novels that are poor and some hidden gams may be out there this happened to me when I read the errand off series

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 7:10 pm

STAR TREK: The Next Generation
"Foriegn Foes" by Dave Galanter
and Greg Brodeur

It is an older book. The writing
is not exceptional. However, to
my surprise, I cannot stop picking
this book up. It is so bad it's good!
Which is definitely its sole charm.
And I do recommend it, on that level.

The Watcher

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 10:37 pm

just picked up #2 Ghost Ship

so far it's a fun read

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. john 3:16

TrekDad1701

Report this Sep. 28 2013, 12:29 pm

There are a lot of good ones to choose from! The Vanguard series is very, very good.

I also enjoy going back and reading some of the books from the 80's, before the mythos was so well defined. Interesting the take and direction some of the authors give.

miklamar

Report this Oct. 02 2013, 4:39 pm

There is an interesting new series they've started called Star Trek:  The Fall.  So far, I've read the first book and have gotten about halfway through the second book.

I think they are fantastic, but they introduce a number of changes.  So, the quadrant might be a bit different.

christytrk

Report this Oct. 04 2013, 1:06 am

I personally love tng dark mirror

miklamar

Report this Oct. 20 2013, 4:40 am

David Mack is my favorite Star Trek author, so his Destiny and Cold Fusion series books are my favorite Star Trek books.

doozie

Report this Oct. 21 2013, 5:31 pm

doozie

Report this Oct. 21 2013, 5:34 pm

They had to breathe in a liquid.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Oct. 21 2013, 6:40 pm

Quote: doozie @ Oct. 21 2013, 5:31 pm

>Does anyone know the book where they had to live in bubbles? I read it 20 or so years ago.

The Children of Hamlin is the only one that I can think of.

miklamar

Report this Oct. 25 2013, 11:19 pm

In The Abyss, the diver had to put on a helmet filled with some kind of liquid, so he could withstand the tremendous depths there.  I thought he would drown, but he settled down and was able to breathe!  I wouldn't have believed it, if I hadn't seen him do it on camera!