Where Do Fan Fiction Stories Go To?

Enow

Report this Aug. 23 2013, 5:46 am

A singular hope divided ceases to be hope. Let nothing divide your hope in Jesus Christ.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Aug. 23 2013, 12:53 pm

Some people have written some fan fiction here, but there's no official place here on the forums.  I would suggest if you have a story you want to share here, just start a thread (choose the best forum) and post the text of the story.

There are, however, other sites that actually focus on this, like fanfiction.net.

Enow

Report this Aug. 24 2013, 4:36 am

Thank you for the inromation, Fleet Admiral BamBam.

JoCat

Report this Aug. 24 2013, 9:22 am

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Aug. 24 2013, 10:25 am

Quote: JoCat @ Aug. 24 2013, 9:22 am

>Okay, what if you have a Star Trek movie or TV series script idea and want it considered for publication or production? I had an entire movie idea come to me and the idea haunted me so much that I had to write about it. I am still working on it though. Is there a place for new Star Trek writers to go to?

The last time I checked, they don't want our ideas.  Basically, it's by invitation only.  Oh..., and you need an agent too.

JoCat

Report this Aug. 24 2013, 11:04 am

I was afraid of that. And thank you for the link.

2takesfrakes

Report this Aug. 25 2013, 8:51 am

I find that most Fan Fiction stories go
right into the recycle bin ... where they
belong! They are usually complete rubbish.

OtakuJo

Report this Aug. 26 2013, 2:10 am

Quote: Enow @ Aug. 23 2013, 5:46 am

>If members wanted to write a fan fiction story, what forum would that be placed in or is it even allowed here?

Ignore Frakes.

Check out fanfiction.net. A lot of fanfiction writers post their stuff there, and most of the people who use that site enjoy reading fanfiction, so most will give you a respectful, (and vaguely honest) appraisal.

There isn't a special place to put your stories here. There have been occasional round-robin stories, when someone decides to start one. But most people who come here don't come to read fanfic.

Good luck with it. Enjoy. L.T.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?