I Just Finished TNG

JustinT.Hilliard

Report this Aug. 20 2013, 12:21 pm

It happened this morning. I knew it had been coming for quite some time. I finished, "All Good Things..." I have finished all of TNG, VOY, and DS9. I ordered TOS and ENT, I will watch those next. I'm so sad that I finished the series. But All Good Things, was such a good episode. I enjoy the time travel episodes. It was so cool to see all of the characters when there older. Even thought that isn't the reality that will come true, it is still neat. I feel that the show left to many open ends, but I suppose that is what the books are about. So what did you guys think about the episode, "All Good Things.."?

2takesfrakes

Report this Aug. 20 2013, 4:37 pm

I thought ALL GOOD THINGS was a well-written
episode that bookended the series, wonderfully.
Crafted to keep the possibilities still open for
further adventures, yet, it remained satisfying
entertainment, in-and-of-itself. I'm a fan of
this particular episode and I'm glad to see that
I'm not the only one who appreciates it, in full.

rob39874

Report this Aug. 21 2013, 12:38 am

All Good things is one of the best episodes in the series yes it let a few loose ends some of which was settled in the movies

like the worf/troi/riker love triangle (also the Imzadi II novel offers insights but it's canon)

Also we also know that Data doesnt get the grey streak as he dies in Nemesis.

I also like how they ended they way they started with Picard arch nemesis Q

ralfy

Report this Aug. 28 2013, 2:06 am

I read that there was supposed to be an additional season. Given that, I wonder what the finale for that would have looked like. I supposed it would have led to some closure for each main character and act as a transition for the feature films.

rob39874

Report this Aug. 28 2013, 3:20 am

I think it ended well I'm not sure they could do much more in a futher series as All Good things showed what could have happened in the future. So I believe TNG ended well it's just a pity that the last TNG film was so bad.

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 17 2013, 4:53 pm

STAR TREK: The Next Generation
transends its rare and relatively few
sub-par episodes, while consistantly
offering entertainment that really is
second-to-none in the entire franchise!

Jeen Luck Pickerd

Report this Sep. 18 2013, 3:07 pm

ScottLukasWilliams

Report this Sep. 20 2013, 11:51 am

IDIC: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Mugatu_for_Two

Report this Sep. 20 2013, 4:51 pm

Quote: ScottLukasWilliams @ Sep. 20 2013, 11:51 am

>"All Good Things..." is my favourite of all the Trek series finales. I'm sort of envious that you just saw it for the first time!

>I was able to see it on the jumbo tron screen at the Skydome here in Toronto. It was a great event but bitter sweet saying goodbye to the show.

That would have been cool!

I saw it with my long time Trekkie friends.It was bittersweet and weird. It was an ending, but it wasn't... They bookended the series and then six months later "Generations" came out. I hated the idea of TNG movies. "All Good Things", for me, is the perfect ending for TNG.

Jesus owes me gas money.

kirkanddata12

Report this Sep. 21 2013, 10:13 am

It was a great episode, i loved the story and a great way to end the series!!!!!!!

Restience is futile.

Orlenda

Report this Oct. 16 2013, 9:43 am

well did you watch the TNG movies? they are mostly worth watching as well (i HATED Nemisis...i pretend it doesnt exist, lol)

Loved first contact though....THE best trek movie!

You should at least watch the first 3 TNG movies for sure!  that will help soften the blow.

also-i have seen DS9, TNG, and VOY as well, but i still ejoy watching them!  go back and re-watch!

When you are done with TOS, TAS is a fun watch also-i have netflix instant and its on there so there was no risk for me to watch.

you could also consider reading fanfiction-some are very good!  there are alot of plaes to read trek fanfic, but fanfiction.net is the best place to start.

as well-if you are looking for NEW content, you could try Stargate SG1-i have seen something like the first 7 seasons of that and loved it!  Its fun scifi.  My dad also loves Stargate Atlantis, but i havent had the oppertunity to watch that yet.

some say andromeda is good-have only seen a few eps in re-runs so i'm no judge...but perhaps worth a try?

Hope that helps!

EmpokNorStationManager

POSTS: 2034

Report this Oct. 18 2013, 6:34 am

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Aug. 20 2013, 4:37 pm

>I thought ALL GOOD THINGS was a well-written
episode that bookended the series, wonderfully.
Crafted to keep the possibilities still open for
further adventures, yet, it remained satisfying
entertainment, in-and-of-itself. I'm a fan of
this particular episode and I'm glad to see that
I'm not the only one who appreciates it, in full.

Well said 2takes...  I really enjoyed All Good Things...  I think a big part of it's success pulls on the rich character development that permeated the entire 7 year series...  especially in scenes like where Picard makes the speech to the crew of the past - telling them he'd trust any of them with his life...  or when he sits down for poker at the end of the episode.  Fabulous writing and acting.... not to mention Q...

That is all.... Empok Nor Station Manager

EmpokNorStationManager

POSTS: 2034

Report this Oct. 18 2013, 6:35 am

Quote: Jeen Luck Pickerd @ Sep. 18 2013, 3:07 pm

>Also, I thought they ended the episode VERY well (with picard playing poker with the crew)

Is it okay to say that I actaully welled up at that moment??

That is all.... Empok Nor Station Manager

Lunallei

Report this Dec. 15 2013, 8:08 am

I just loved that show... I think some of the later episodes (as in most of seasons 6 and 7) weren't as good. It was really because of the lack of Gene Roddenberry, i think. I heard somewhere (don't ask, i don't remember) that he wrote the first and last episodes together, so that the series would be wrapped up properly. I'm sort of against the movies because of that. The best ending (and here i agree with Mugatu_for_Two) would have been the poker game.

If nothing's wrong with me... then maybe something's wrong with the universe! - Dr Beverly Crusher, "Remember Me"

NorseEmperor

Report this Dec. 19 2013, 12:26 am

There were many feelings during that last episode )= Good and bad though...like all things.

Post Reply

Users browsing this forum: wissa, wissa, FleetAdmiral_BamBam