Star Trek Las Vegas Convention 2014.....

MaxwellPowert

Report this Aug. 13 2013, 1:13 am

First guests: William Shatner and Kate Mulgrew.

Also, Max Grodenchik and Aron Eisenberg will be appearing in costume as Rom and Nog.

Date of the convention is July 31- August 3.

MaxwellPowert

Report this Oct. 07 2013, 9:39 pm

New guests announced today: Colm Meaney, Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, Anthony Montgomery, Jerry Hardin, Tim Russ, Michael Forest, Salome Jens, and John Billingsley.

Also, Gold weekend tickets are now on sale.

MaxwellPowert

Report this Oct. 18 2013, 5:53 pm

New guests: Tony Todd, Rene Auberjonois and John de Lancie.

MaxwellPowert

Report this Oct. 24 2013, 6:04 pm

Suzie Plakson has been added to the guest list.

MaxwellPowert

Report this Oct. 25 2013, 5:45 pm

Chase Masterson has been added to the guest list.

MaxwellPowert

Report this Nov. 11 2013, 9:33 pm

Nana Visitor has been added to the guest list.

MaxwellPowert

Report this Dec. 07 2013, 6:16 pm

Robert O'Reilly and JG Hertzler have been added to the guest list.

They will be appearing on stage in character as Gowron and Martok.

davids2882

Report this Dec. 09 2013, 9:49 pm

I'm hoping someone on here can help me out with a couple questions.  Ive never been to a Las Vegas Star Trek Convention and got tickets for the 2014 event.  Now I have been to one convention before.  I was able to get every autograph and photo op and catch all the Star Trek stars q and a events.  Judging from last years guest list in Vegas, I will probably be getting about 30 or 35 autographs and photo ops and dont want to miss any of the q and a events for the actors.  Will I be able to pull this off?  Do they schedule the photo ops at different times so I wont have to miss the q and a events?  Also, what are the lines like for the actors that have their own tables?  Are they insanely long?  I appreciate any help!

davids2882

Report this Dec. 09 2013, 9:53 pm

Grace Lee Whitney and Scott Bakula have been added to the guest list.

MaxwellPowert

Report this Dec. 09 2013, 11:17 pm

There are going to be over 100 guests at this convention with some on the main stage and some in the secondary theatre, plus panels for other stuff related to Star Trek, and of course the photo ops and autograph sessions. The times for these events overlap, so you will most likely have to miss out on some things. My advice is to study the schedule once is available and figure out what events you want to do the most.

In short: plan ahead.

Edit: Also if you got a photo op session and a autograph session scheduled around the same time do the photo op first then go back for the autographs. The photo ops go very quickly.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Dec. 10 2013, 11:11 am

I didn't see a link to the convention's site, so thought I'd add it here:

davids2882

Report this Dec. 10 2013, 12:45 pm

Thanks so much for the info and tips! I appreciate it. I'm hoping I can get all my autographs and photo ops and not miss too many q and a events for the main cast members. Do they allow camcorders in the q and a events? I didn't see anything on their site about not allowing them. Also, does anyone know how the autograph lines for guests signing at their own tables compare to the lines at the non-Vegas conventions? Looks like there are waaaaay more people at the Vegas shows.

MaxwellPowert

Report this Dec. 11 2013, 3:06 am

No they do not allow recording devices at the convention.

I'm not sure about non-Vegas conventions, but the lines for most of the guests signing at their own tables in the vendors room aren't that bad.

This year they had one single line for the Next Generation cast because they were all signing in one row in the vendors area but they have volunteers to tell you to go straight to a certain actor's table if you only want that person's autograph. Wait for them to give you instructions on when it's ok to go to that table though.

I don't know if they will have anything like that next year yet though. I'm sure Bakula's line in the vendor's area will be long though.

davids2882

Report this Dec. 11 2013, 12:51 pm

Thanks again for the info! Much appreciated!

MaxwellPowert

Report this Dec. 17 2013, 10:38 pm

Scarlett Pomers has been added to the guest list.

Post Reply