My Season 8 idea

eJeremye

Report this Aug. 08 2013, 4:39 pm

Ok, so what if the the crew never did really make it home?

Season 8 takes place 22yrs later with the same actors and they are still in the delta quadrant...the end of season 7 was a dream or illusion...and the series returns with more of a "Year of hell" style...with a darker theme and with the original actors reprising their roles...then a few seasons in when Voyager is near destruction they are saved by a new prototype starship that meets them...and then the rest of the series finishes on the new ship traveling faster back to earth.

JoCat

Report this Aug. 08 2013, 6:34 pm

I had thought of a finale remake in which the Endgame is written off as Captain Janeway's dream so that, lo and behold, they are still stuck in the Delta quadrant. Therefore, we can still see their great journey of coming back home. Starting Endgame off with them already home was a huge mistake. It really killed off the suspense and the anticipation of the story line. Their other big mistake was not landing on Earth and wrapping up their original story. You have some  interesting ideas.

Sora

Report this Aug. 08 2013, 9:31 pm

I love Voyager, it's my favorite series, but honestly 7 Seasons felt right. I couldn't have seen them going into an 8th season. Honestly 7 seasons felt right for all of the series. That's my biggest regret with Enterprise is that the ending feels so rushed as it was intended to last for 3 more seasons. Deep Space Nine is the only series I could have seen going into an 8th season, but 7 still felt right for DS9 too. The only thing that I didn't like about the ending of Voyager was that we didn't get to see them actually beaming down to Earth, to see Starfleet's reaction to the remaining Maquis, or to see all the briefings and questions that Janeway would have been having to deal with, or to see her promoted to Admiral. I mean it's cool that we got the time jump at the first half of the finale, but it would have been nice to see those first 5 to 10 minutes of them being back home. I really wish that maybe they could have gotten home maybe 2 or 3 episodes before the end of Season 7 and the last 2 to 3 episodes being about the crew reintegrating into Starfleet and going back to a normal life. Other than that I loved it and thought it was also a nice touch to have Janeway appear in Nemesis.

UninvitedGuest

Report this Aug. 09 2013, 9:36 am

The Star Trek:Generations movie seems kind of like a second last-episode for TNG. This is because the movie takes place on the Enterprise-D unlike the others, and it came out very shortly after "All Good Things".

Sora

Report this Aug. 09 2013, 2:38 pm

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Aug. 10 2013, 11:42 am

Na.... when Voyager entered that transwarp conduit and started destroying the system, they should have realized that they made a calculation error resulting in them going the opposite direction of where they were trying to go.... resulting in them being even further away.

I just don't know why a temporal agent didn't come back and fix the timeline.

rob39874

Report this Aug. 11 2013, 3:39 am

Quote: Sora @ Aug. 09 2013, 2:38 pm

>Yeah I agree for sure. Although really all of the original 10 movies feel more like big budget glorified tv episodes than big theatrical movies. And that isn't a complaint by any means. I love all 10 of the movies, and I love that the movies were like special gifts to the fans. None of the movies were really for non-fans. Now that being said the new movie series with Star Trek 2009 and Star Trek Into Darkness. These movies are big budget mainstream movies, meant for fans and non-fans. Star Trek 2009 is ultimately a remake of Star Trek, and thus since it isn't connected to any tv series, it's able to have much bigger cinematic feel to it. Both styles work in my opinion.

Stickist5334

Report this Aug. 13 2013, 2:41 pm

Don't forget the sassy black kid pointing out all the stupid shit that happens and making wise cracks™!

Temba, His arms wide!

it_smeagain

Report this Aug. 13 2013, 3:30 pm

Quote: rob39874 @ Aug. 11 2013, 3:39 am

>I don't class JJtrek as Star Trek and I think these films will kill the franchise rather than helping to bring a new tv series

I fully agree with you on this point.

Stickist5334

Report this Aug. 13 2013, 3:44 pm

Quote: it_smeagain @ Aug. 13 2013, 3:30 pm

Quote: rob39874 @ Aug. 11 2013, 3:39 am

I fully agree with you on this point.

Here here!