Best theme music/opening credit sequence

Created by: Holo

Holo

Report this Jul. 23 2013, 9:10 pm

Which series do you think had the best opening credits music and visual sequence?

I'm gonna go with Voyager. The music was great, and the sequence of the ship traveling through the star system and into the nebula was beautiful.

Funny, because Voyager is only my fourth favorite series.

kevin.nelson.1291

Report this Jul. 23 2013, 10:42 pm

TOS, the only one where I will regularly watch the opening rather than fast-forward through it. The fact that only three cast names are listed, rather than 7-9, makes it easier to sit through.

JoCat

Report this Jul. 24 2013, 6:23 am

I also liked Voyager very well both the music and video secquence theme of it traveling through space.

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Jul. 24 2013, 8:31 pm

DS9, I love that song. A close second would be VOY, more for the whole space scene, but the song is still pretty good to.

"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty." Frank Herbert(Dune)

queenuhura

Report this Aug. 02 2013, 9:21 am

Space.... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the star ship, Enterprise.......

Probably the most well known and well loved opening of any tv show, ever! Its
iconic! Because of this, I vote TOS. But TNG is actually better because it still has
the intro, but has much better graphics. The advanced imagery made the opening
of TNG and VOY more beautiful! DS9 was good but a bit too long. Awesome
musical scores on all! Enterprise, no. The little song and video may have been
okay for The Right Stuff or an homage to NASA, but not a Star Trek series.

*Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations* *Live Long and Prosper*

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Aug. 02 2013, 10:48 am

DS0 - I love the horns in that one.

JoCat

Report this Aug. 02 2013, 8:01 pm

I have a question, have they ever put all the Star Trek music in one DVD or CD collection?

CountJohn

Report this Aug. 03 2013, 7:25 am

TNG's was always so big and majestic, and fit perfectly with the tone of the show. So it. I also really like the Ds9 theme and the Enterprise title sequence (just the visuals). TNG had the best balance of both.

JoCat

Report this Aug. 03 2013, 3:52 pm

Ok, thank you!!

queenuhura

Report this Aug. 03 2013, 6:17 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Uhura voted twice, so I will too.  Enterprise.

>Drats, the system won't allow me to vote again.  But if I could, the ST: ENT number would be 5 instead of 4.

> >

Huh? How would I do that? Im not quite sure how you came to that conclusion. Will the system allow anybody to vote more than once? If you based poll results on the posts then VOY, TOS, and DS9 would have 2 votes and ENT and TNG would have only one each(at the time of this post). But obviously there are more than twice the votes as posts, indicating that several people have voted but not posted a comment.

*Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations* *Live Long and Prosper*

UninvitedGuest

Report this Aug. 05 2013, 11:12 am

TNG and DS9 are my favorites especially TNG since it plays the official Star Trek theme-song from several of the movies.

Bajor Tim

Report this Aug. 16 2013, 4:30 pm

For visual and music combined; Voyager. Just music; TNG. DS9 is majestic and contemplative. But just a bit too long/too slow. Still get a kick out of TOS. Favorite movie soundtrack anyone?  (First Contact or Undiscovered Country)  BT