Trek for Rookies

Dude108

Report this Jul. 18 2013, 7:16 am

I cover sci-fi for an awesome site called Action A Go Go.

Started a new series called "Trek For Rookies."

Here's a link to the initial article:

And have created this post under the Enterprise heading because ENT is the topic for this week's article. Here's the link for that:

And within that article, there's a link to a brief humorous piece on using Vulcan wisdom in order to deal with the ENT theme song, which I know was something that got under a lot of people's skin.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Any and all feedback is truly appreciated.

Live long and prosper.

moscampfire

Report this Jul. 18 2013, 7:03 pm

We attach to stories or characters because they express our own real questions or feelings.

Dude108

Report this Jul. 18 2013, 7:20 pm

Hmmmm. I think that's a good thing, since I'm essentially fascinated by all five series.

TravisMalcolm

Report this Aug. 06 2013, 4:23 pm

I'm fascinated by Vulcans and would love it no end if such a creature (people?) really lived.

Blalock & Nimoy were the best two actors in the Star Trek universe. Go Vulcans!

Dude108

Report this Aug. 06 2013, 5:23 pm

I very much hear you Travis. Spock, Tuvoc and T'Pol are way at the top of the list of my favorite Trek characters.

I cover sci-fi for a site called Action A Go Go and at the beginning of July, pulled together all the information I could on Vulcan culture and philosophy, in order to attempt a quasi-Kolinar. Even with all my years experience with Eastern thought, it was not easy.

Here's a link to the original article:

Sometime in the next week or so, will post the outcome of the effort.

And Travis, yes, I agree....I would love it to no end as well if Vulcans truly existed. Something Earth could really use right now.

moscampfire

Report this Aug. 07 2013, 7:21 pm

A superficial realization! OPB did an editorial on Libraries, and the writer pointed out that in the old Star Trek episode about the planet that had a library that allowed people to transfer into the past to avoid the destruction of the present, the librarian was called Mr. Atoz- A to Z! HA!

Peace

Mo

TravisMalcolm

Report this Aug. 08 2013, 5:11 am

That was "All our yesterdays", the 2nd to last episode. Great show, great episode.