Numerology, the use of 3 and 33 in Voyager

Astrosurfer333

Report this Jul. 14 2013, 10:55 am

Hello,

I have looked everywhere and I can't find anything relating to this so I figured this may be a good place to start. Please do not shoot me down as a nut or trying to see patterns in the chaos when there are none. I am simply curious by nature.

I have noticed the use of the number 3 or 33 in almost every single voyager episode. I have my own theories as to why this is which includes just for the sake of being random or why not. I would be very grateful for any input on this from the community.

willowtree

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 6:11 am

never noticed

47 is the big Trek number

Five Captains

Report this Jul. 20 2013, 6:12 pm

I never noticed it either. Maybe it is pure coincidence.

Broadstorm

Report this Jul. 21 2013, 4:20 am

the 47 of the Delta Quadrant?

willowtree

Report this Jul. 22 2013, 5:03 am

Quote: Broadstorm @ Jul. 21 2013, 4:20 am

>the 47 of the Delta Quadrant?

no, throug all of Trek there is a joke among the writers, they try to sneak in the number 47 as much as they can

Astrosurfer333

Report this Jul. 25 2013, 7:39 am

Thanks Everyone,

I am aware of 47. I can find no numerological relevance to 47 aside from 4+7=11. From what I gather that seems to be in inhouse joke of some sorts but I am not so interested in its relevance. This post is about the appearance of 3. I have also noticed the frequent use of other numbers like 32, 11 and 13. This could also be a coincidence but those numbers are usually significant in numerology and I find often when it comes to numbers its very seldom for random purpose. I have not actually sat and watched every episode to count but from what I remember I recall those numbers being mentioned (especially 3) almost every episode. This ranged from engineering being on deck 11 to telemetry readings etc. I am not trying to see patterns where there may be none. I am just curious and enjoy different opinions.

Thanks Again.

willowtree

Report this Jul. 25 2013, 10:09 am

I think you're just reaching for some kind of pattern

the only significant number is 47