2nd best Garak episode...

Ne vem

Report this Jul. 09 2013, 8:34 am

I know this has probably been done before, but what is the 2nd best Garak episode?

Obviously the best is 'Civil Defence', but what comes next?

Btw, not sure if you're allowed to link to other sites on this forum, but if you are, I'd like to force my Trek site on you all, specifically a piece about Garak and 'The Die is Cast'. http://bit.ly/11B0ui2

Why does no-one in Trek make zines?

miklamar

Report this Jul. 09 2013, 10:41 am

All of the episodes with Garak in them--in a major role--are good.

VORTEX8472

Report this Jul. 09 2013, 4:32 pm

Garak's role in "Second Skin" was amusing, he played the unassuming tailor with a shady past very well.  Love the mystery and half-baked lies he's always telling Sisko and Company to explain his unique skills.

Ne vem

Report this Jul. 10 2013, 8:48 am

Why does no-one in Trek make zines?

VORTEX8472

Report this Jul. 10 2013, 9:33 am

Quote: Ne vem @ Jul. 10 2013, 8:48 am

>I forgot all about Second Skin. Yeah, it's a good one. I thought he was great in 'Broken Link' too...the look on Worf's face as Garak is kung fu chopping him...ha.

Of course, that was hilarious, but understandable behavior given the fact the Dominion decimated his father's armada in "the Die is Cast" and the Founder (Odo's girlfriend as my nephew refers to her) told Garak that the Dominion will destroy Cardassia.

Orlenda

Report this Oct. 09 2013, 5:05 am

I enjoyed him in "Body Parts"--its hard to pick since he's allways good in every ep!

"By Inferno's Light" was good as well....

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Oct. 09 2013, 7:53 pm

I don't know about second best, but I think the best is The Wire, with either Civil Defense or Empok Nor maybe as second best.

"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty." Frank Herbert(Dune)

miklamar

Report this Oct. 11 2013, 1:23 pm

"The Sacrifice Of Angels" was sad, wasn't it?

kkt

Report this Oct. 14 2013, 10:27 pm

"In the Pale Moonlight" was as much a great Garak episode as a great Sisko episode.  Garak finally got to do the job he was trained for.

SansDeity

Report this Dec. 23 2013, 8:12 pm

Garak was awesome in everything.  Except that episode with Ezri in season 7.

OtakuJo

Report this Dec. 29 2013, 1:18 am

Civil Defense is a very good episode -- I don't know that it's obviously the best, since there are a lot of other very good episodes that feature Garak.

In Purgatory's Shadow
The Wire
In the Pale Moonlight
Our Man Bashir

As far as Garak's role goes, those all have a pretty secure place at the top.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

jaymichael

Report this Jan. 01 2014, 6:43 pm

I think most episodes with Garak are clutch.

[Bashir tells Garak the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf]

Dr. Julian Bashir: But the point is, if you lie all the time, nobody's going to believe you, even when you're telling the truth.
Elim Garak: Are you sure that's the point, Doctor?
Dr. Julian Bashir: Of course. What else could it be?
Elim Garak: That you should never tell the same lie twice.

Captain Sisko: Who's watching Tolar?
Garak: I've locked him in his quarters. I've also left him with the distinct impression that if he attempts to force the door open, it may explode.
Captain Sisko: I hope that's just an impression.
Garak: It's best not to dwell on such minutiae.

Elim Garak: That's why you came to me, isn't it, Captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing? Well, it worked. And you'll get what you want: a war between the Romulans and the Dominion. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant. And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain.

Trekker_Tokyo

Report this Jan. 08 2014, 4:56 am

Would have loved a spin off with garek and bashir.

jaymichael

Report this Jan. 08 2014, 5:54 am

Quote: Trekker_Tokyo @ Jan. 08 2014, 4:56 am

>Would have loved a spin off with garek and bashir.

That would be a lot of lunches.

Post Reply