Anyone know any weird/funny Star Trek blogs?

Ne vem

Report this Jul. 09 2013, 8:26 am

I've been trying to find articles or blog pieces about Trek that aren't serious at all. I want to read weird stuff, but this internet thing is big and I'm tired of googling and coming across the '175 best episodes of Star Trek TNG' by Promotionalsomething dot com.

Anyone know any decent ones?

Why does no-one in Trek make zines?

willowtree

Report this Jul. 09 2013, 8:53 am

what are you looking for? if you want behind the scenes info on each episode from any series, there is trivia in the memory alpha page for that episode. Memory alpha would probably be a good place for you to start anyway

Ne vem

Report this Jul. 09 2013, 10:04 am

Yeah, I like memory alpha a lot, it's got everything, but I'm looking for funny commentaries or opinion pieces on Trek, like blogs or small sites that most people probably won't know about. Specifically, I like blogs/sites that take a detailed view of Trek and, for example, focus in a funny/absurd/insightful way on episodes or things in Trek that most mainstream sites don't bother with,

I've found a few good ones, like a blog on TNG fashion, but it's tough to find the hidden gems.

Why does no-one in Trek make zines?

willowtree

Report this Jul. 09 2013, 11:25 am

I googled Star Trek humor and this came up

Mitchz95

Report this Jul. 09 2013, 3:05 pm

Jeff Hoffman's "One Trek Mind" blog on this site is usually pretty funny.

Ne vem

Report this Jul. 10 2013, 8:44 am

Thanks, guys, I'll check them out.

In my experience, googling something really odd like 'Garak's hair' or 'Dr. Bashir is not a real spy' brings up the stuff I'm looking for - that's how I found the TNG Fashion blog - but it can be hard to keep coming up with weirdness.

Why does no-one in Trek make zines?

Pooneil

Report this Jul. 11 2013, 10:11 am

The Agony Booth has a section that used to be called "The Worst of Trek": http://www.agonybooth.com/recaps/Star_Trek/

There also wilwheaton.net, which had some commentary on Wesley Crusher.

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra