What Star Trek TNG books to read?

Jeen Luck Pickerd

Report this Jun. 17 2013, 1:32 pm

Ok, so I am a big fan of star trek TNG so I heard of the books. And I was looking around the internet and I was confused on what book goes where in the series and how many there are and so on. So just post the books that are good for someone trying to read the TNG books for the first time.

thanks for the help!

Rogers Amanda

Report this Jun. 17 2013, 7:41 pm

I see you like Q, if you're like me and you're also a Lwaxan fan, then you if only read one TNG novel in your life let it be 'Q in Law'. it made me laugh out loud a couples of times, comedy is such rare thing in Star Trek novels. 'Battle of Betazoid is also pretty good. I had always wondered what had happened on that planet and how Deanna and Lwaxana were fairing during the dominion war because of the fact Betazoid had gotten conquered.

"Remember who you're talking to, all knowing all seeing." Q2

Tribble Wrangler

Report this Jun. 17 2013, 10:34 pm

The IMZADI books are quite good.

Jeen Luck Pickerd

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 7:43 pm

and Tribble wrangler, does the IMZADI stand for anything?

(and yes Rogers Amanda I think Lwaxana is hilarious)

"Flowers!!! is there a John Luck Pickerd here?" -Q

2takesfrakes

Report this Jun. 19 2013, 3:28 am

Foreign Foes by Dave Galanter and Greg Brodeur
is very LIGHT reading. You might enjoy it, sir ...

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Jun. 19 2013, 6:38 pm

Imzadi, means beloved, Troi calls Riker that in the first episode. The books are about there relationship before meeting again on the Enterprise. I thought Imzadi was good, while Imzadi II was ok.

Some other good TNG books would be. The Q Continuum series by Greg Cox and I,Q by Peter David.

"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty." Frank Herbert(Dune)

Rogers Amanda

Report this Jun. 19 2013, 6:45 pm

Quote: Jeen Luck Pickerd @ Jun. 18 2013, 7:43 pm

>hey Rogers Amanda, do any of those books contain spoilers about DS9? I havent finished watching it yet

>and Tribble wrangler, does the IMZADI stand for anything?

>(and yes Rogers Amanda I think Lwaxana is hilarious)

Not really it's mainly focused on the goings on in the enterprise and on and around orbit of Betazoid. If you know what the general politcal situation that caused the Dominion war and who allies with who, then you won't find any spoilers. Wow I had forgotten about IMAZADI I had been wanting to read that years ago.

"Remember who you're talking to, all knowing all seeing." Q2