ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Lwaxana Troi

2takesfrakes

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3683

Report this Jun. 22 2013, 3:29 am

I understand that Gene Roddenberry thought she was
all that - and more - as he married the old bat! But she
should've played L'waxanna in a cool way, rather than as
a Mutton Dressed as Lamb. She just looked rediculous ...
It was embarassing watching Majel Barrett trying to play Troi's
60 Year 0ld mum in Mid-Life-Crisis, trying to be hot like Deanna!
At 60, put on a shawl and khaki pants! Bake cookies! Take up BINGO!


Uhura's Fan Dance in FINAL FRONTIER started this unfortunate trend ...


     


bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 22 2013, 3:46 am

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Jun. 22 2013, 3:29 am

>

>I understand that Gene Roddenberry thought she was
all that - and more - as he married the old bat! But she
should've played L'waxanna in a cool way, rather than as
a Mutton Dressed as Lamb. She just looked rediculous ...
It was embarassing watching Majel Barrett trying to play Troi's
60 Year 0ld mum in Mid-Life-Crisis, trying to be hot like Deanna!
At 60, put on a shawl and khaki pants! Bake cookies! Take up BINGO!

>Uhura's Fan Dance in FINAL FRONTIER started this unfortunate trend ...

>


Wow. Old bat huh? That's extremely disrespectul and rude to one of the most beloved people in Star Trek. I can't figure out if you're really that much of a jerk or if you're just flaming. Either way it's gross.


Sarcasm is my native language.
JJ Abrams is not of the body.

2takesfrakes

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3683

Report this Jun. 22 2013, 4:01 am

"Gross" is seeing an elderly woman who's
not accepting her age and status. "Gross"
is watching said elderly woman dressing
and trying to act like she's a 17 year old
club-goer, or something. Majel Barrett was
a very sweet woman. L'waxana was a sad joke


... without a punchline!


bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 22 2013, 4:18 am

You called Majel an old bat but then say she was a very sweet woman. oh boy.  what a piece of work.


 


60 is "elderly" huh? Well let's take a look at some elderly ladies shall we?


 



Goldie Hawn, 67


 



Katey Sagal 59


 



Helen Mirren 67



Sigourney Weaver 63



Tina Turner 73



Susan Sarandon, 66


All of whom are hotter than any woman you can ever hope to have. If they're the "status" of being over 60, I cannot wait to get there. 


Lwaxana Troi was clearly too much woman for you to handle, junior.


Sarcasm is my native language.
JJ Abrams is not of the body.

2takesfrakes

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3683

Report this Jun. 23 2013, 6:18 am

As odd as this may sound ... I can easily picture
Number One as being Deanna Troi's mom! There's
some Good Breeding going on, there. I  totally buy it ...



What I don't buy is how L'waxana would act and dress.
Look at her ... it's just ... it's NOT going to work.
L'waxana and Number One in these shots should switch
outfits, actually. And you can see that Majel was a
decent looking woman, when her rose was in bloom. But
with her child-bearing years well-behind her, it's past
time to wear age-appropriate attire, outside the bedroom.


As for behavior, had L'waxana been portrayed as this sort
of Betty Davis-type character who had married a Human out
of love and been scorned by Betazoid society for it ... then, having
fought against it - and eventually owning the damn place - that
would've been compelling. Instead, we get an annoying TV mom
in Mid-Life Crisis and incredibly needy. So, don't act like
I'VE done Majel some disservice. I did not put her up to it!


Majel stood by Gene despite his innumerable affairs and she
believed in his message and the fans. And for that ... yes ... she
was a sweet lady. She just never got a decent break on STAR TREK.


bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 23 2013, 7:40 am

Every single age comment you post makes me feel more and more sorry for anyone you date.

Holo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 253

Report this Jun. 23 2013, 2:13 pm

I absolutely loved Lwaxana on The Next Generation. She was a breath of fresh air to a cast that could sometimes get pretty stuffy. She and Deanna were a pretty believable mother/daughter pair. They sort of reminded me of Edina and Saffy.


Her DS9 episodes, however, were a mistake. The fun was still there for the first two, but Lwaxana was reduced to a caricature of herself. The last one (The Muse) was simply awful, she was weak, whiny, and unrecognizable as the bright, feisty woman we once knew.

bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 24 2013, 6:12 am

I liked her DS9 appearances.  You gave to love how she helped Odo when they were stuck in the turbolift and she revealed her secret of wig wearing to reassure him he could let his guard down.


Even in The Muse the scenes between Odo and Lwaxana, especially the hide and seek were endearing.

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jun. 24 2013, 9:09 am

I just loved when Odo married her. I kind of felt bad for him, he was beginning to really like her and he seemed like he would have liked to stay married to her

bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 24 2013, 3:13 pm

Yeah, Odo's loneliness was obvious, but it also sowed the first seeds of the Kira/Odo relationship if I recall correctly. Doesn't she mention Odo's feelings about Kira?

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jun. 25 2013, 5:50 am

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Jun. 23 2013, 6:18 am

>

>As odd as this may sound ... I can easily picture
Number One as being Deanna Troi's mom! There's
some Good Breeding going on, there. I  totally buy it ...

>

>What I don't buy is how L'waxana would act and dress.
Look at her ... it's just ... it's NOT going to work.
L'waxana and Number One in these shots should switch
outfits, actually. And you can see that Majel was a
decent looking woman, when her rose was in bloom. But
with her child-bearing years well-behind her, it's past
time to wear age-appropriate attire, outside the bedroom.

>As for behavior, had L'waxana been portrayed as this sort
of Betty Davis-type character who had married a Human out
of love and been scorned by Betazoid society for it ... then, having
fought against it - and eventually owning the damn place - that
would've been compelling. Instead, we get an annoying TV mom
in Mid-Life Crisis and incredibly needy. So, don't act like
I'VE done Majel some disservice. I did not put her up to it!

>Majel stood by Gene despite his innumerable affairs and she
believed in his message and the fans. And for that ... yes ... she
was a sweet lady. She just never got a decent break on STAR TREK.

>


So because she's not 20 she should act like a nun and be covered head to toe? Her rose NEVER went out of bloom. I hope I age as wonderfully as she did. She was just as beautiful on TNG as she was in TOS


 


I bet you really freaked out when Lwaxana showed up naked to her wedding

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jun. 25 2013, 6:01 am

look how lovely she is


  

bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 25 2013, 6:51 am

Like I said, he probably wouldn't know what to do with an older woman who's as sexual as Lwaxana. 


 


 

2takesfrakes

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3683

Report this Jun. 25 2013, 2:03 pm

Quote: willowtree @ Jun. 25 2013, 5:50 am

>I bet you really freaked out when Lwaxana showed up naked to her wedding


I just remember saying aloud:
"my god ... the things you see when you haven't got your gun!"


bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 26 2013, 4:46 am

A gun? So you want to shoot nude women because they're "too old"? Charming. You must be delightful at parties.

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum