What happened to Cupcake (Hendorff) in Into Darkness?

beej1300

Report this May. 29 2013, 12:51 pm

Hendorff, also known as cupcake, was introduced in Star Trek (2009) and even had his own issue in the new Star Trek comic series, was part of the away team to Kronos.

During the fight scene there are a lot of deaths.  Was Hendorff one of them or were they only Klingons?

At the end of the scene the only members of the away team you see are Kirk, Spock and Uhura.

Did he die on screen?  Is his death implied? Or is he a redshirt that actually survived 2 movies?

wissa

Report this May. 30 2013, 7:09 am

I was wondering the same thing the other day

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Greatdarkbeyond

Report this Jun. 07 2013, 8:06 pm

Personally, I would like to see him again in the next film.

Mitchz95

Report this Jun. 13 2013, 10:00 pm

I heard he was killed off in the novelization. So I don't think he'll be making any more appearances.

arjumand

Report this Sep. 08 2013, 1:21 am

So in my headcanon, he survived the movie! I kind of liked that he was in this movie too - that he got over his issues with Kirk and accepted him as Captain.

EchoSix

Report this Dec. 05 2013, 7:52 am

Quote: arjumand @ Sep. 08 2013, 1:21 am

>Having watched Into Darkness again (l like the way the actors are reinterpreting the characters - the script, not so much), I actually spotted Hendorff after the away mission to Kronos.

>He's in the group of security guys escorting Khan to the brig - in fact he's got his hand on Khan's shoulder.

My son and I are currently watching Into Darkness again and were desperately trying to see what happened to Cupcake and the other redshirt that accompanied the away team to Kronos. They're clearly shown as being on the ship when it was under attack from a Bird of Prey and they were trying to outrun it... But then that's it.

You don't see them leave the ship or fight the Klingons, much less get shot.

So I Googled any possible answers, which brought me to this thread. Once we got to the scene where Khan/Harrison is led off to his cell, we paid special attention to see if what arjumand was saying, was true.

The redshirt with his hand on Khan's shoulder, leading him to his cell, is NOT Cupcake. The actor in that scene has a similar build, but no goatee and no bald head. The guy in that scene has a crew cut/short hair, but is not bald, like Cupcake is.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or attempting prove anyone wrong... I'm just on a "mission" to find out why this character seems to have been dropped from the film, with no explanation.

jaymichael

Report this Jan. 02 2014, 1:31 pm

Cupcake is a great charcter. Would like to see his return.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 04 2014, 7:15 am

jaymichael

Report this Jan. 04 2014, 2:13 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jan. 04 2014, 7:15 am

>It's JJTrek.... if he dies in this "alternate reality", then JJ can just change universes again and bring him back in yet another universe.

Fringe style.

Post Reply

Users browsing this forum: crimsyn