Star Trek Into Darkness greatest Star Trek movie of all time?

S'slee

Report this May. 21 2013, 6:21 am

Better believe it.  J.J. Abrams did the unimaginable.  Who would have thought Star Trek Into Darkness would be this great!  The man restored Star Trek! He deserves all the praise from all the Trekkies for his accomplishment, I commend this man for his efforts on a job well done - as should all.  The Khan character was portrayed perfectly by Benedict, much better than Ricardo Montalban could ever done.  The acting, the storyline, the entire concept was genious.  J.J. Abrams, I personally say thank you for putting Star Trek back on the map.

PS: Can you please reboot TNG now, preferably with Vin Diesel playing the part of Jean-Luc Picard?

bunkey

Report this May. 21 2013, 7:15 am

fireproof78

Report this May. 21 2013, 9:23 am

Whether serious, or not, this would be interesting...

fireproof78

Report this May. 21 2013, 9:23 am

Whether serious or not this would be interesting

S'slee

Report this May. 21 2013, 10:19 am

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/limpbizkitsoulja/VinDieselPicard.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5394/picards5.jpg[/IMG]

texashale_100000303951332

Report this May. 21 2013, 11:38 pm

Vin Diesel? Are you frickin kidding? OMG Heck no! He is an idiot and a lousy actor. Tom Hardy would be a good choice (Shinzon.)

Anyhow, I thought Into Darkness was GREAT! The first roboot, not so much... THE one thing in the first movie that just bothers the crap out of me in the USS Kelvin... It would not have been affected by the timeline disruption and therefore should look like a TOS ship...  After that, anything goes... But "Red Matter"? They couldn't come up with a better name? Hell, they could have called it Quadlithium  or even Trilitium again, for the fourth time... Not only that, but if one drop can implode a star, why in the universe would they need so much? EVER? And I cannot excuse ANY movie or tv show that gives a cadet command.. IT DOES NOT, NOR WILL IT EVER WORK THAT WAY! Just like having a kid (Wesley Crusher) part of a crew... But I digress.

Into Darkness, has no limitations on it. It is completely in the alternate universe and stands alone. I have heard people complain about no Mitchell, but in the alternate universe, who's to say he wasn't killed as a child, or maybe his mother was the crewman sucked out of the Kelvin? Who's to say. Spoke and Uhura most likely would have had different life experiences and hence could be attracted to each other.

Just for cred, I will say I have been a Trekkie since 1970... I was hooked at 5. My mom made me a uniform that I wore to school (a friend did llikewise...) Canon is what it is. There have been many violations of canon throughout Star Trek. It always bugs me, but what are you gonna do, stop watching? Be real. People also complain about the lack of technical jargon in the reboot, guess what? There wasn't that much in TOS. It wasn't til TNG that we got real techie..

So, if you don't like the reboots, ok... Sorry. I wouldl ike a few things different, just like in previous movies. Like Data dying... Like Kirk dying... (I cried at both...) I would have liked people who were Trekkies and NOT Star Wars Wonks writing and directing, but you can't have everything... The franchise will only exist if it makes money. They do not care about the fans as much as the dollar, that is reality of everything... You can choose to accept it, or not. As for me, I will go along with the reboot and the new canon that it creates...