The best thing about STID?

wissa

Report this May. 19 2013, 6:47 pm

my kids loved it.  They kept asking me questions during them movie because they were so excited.  And they want to watch some of the old movies now.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

CountJohn

Report this May. 19 2013, 7:18 pm

A little tough to talk about this without spoilers. And why would anyone who hasn't seen the movie look on a thread like this? I avoided most any thread that had anything to do with it over the past few days before seeing it today. Your only obligation is to not put spoilers in thread titles and say at the beginning of a post if you're going to post a spoiler. But since you insist......

My favorite moment in the movie was when Scotty figured out where the main villain was hiding. When he refferred to it as "the one place we can't go", I figured out where it was about a half second before he actually revealed the location; I love when that happens. I also liked what they did and who they met at that location.

Vger23

Report this May. 19 2013, 7:29 pm

I loved the growth of the Kirk character.

These movies, at their core, have been about Kirk and his life without his father...how that life has changed...and now how he is growing from a broken and misguided young man into the brash, compassionate, resourceful hero we all love. That,and the Kirk and Spock friendship development were the best things about the new film

Vger23

Report this May. 19 2013, 7:54 pm

I also loved the Kirk / Pike scenes and Kirk's speech at the end of the film was moving and gave me goosebumps. Well written and well acted.

wissa

Report this May. 19 2013, 8:31 pm

sorry, I guess I should have explained better.  The best part about the movie was it appealed to kids.

cochrane2063

Report this May. 19 2013, 9:17 pm

I loved the references to earlier Trek. I don't think it's a spoiler to mention that they had an inconsequential NX-01 model at Starfleet Command, or that there was a Deltan crewmember of the Enterprise. And there are a few more spoiler-esque continuities which were AWESOME. And I'm not talking about Harrison.

"We keep doing each other favors." "Isn't that how alliances are born?" Jonathan Archer and Thy'lek Shran