Ideas for Star Trek XIII

orlandorays

Report this May. 19 2013, 4:33 pm

Now that Star Trek Into Darkness is out, what would everyone like to see in the next film?

(No anti-Abrams tract, please. Chances are someone else would be directing, anyway. If you have any ideas for that, go ahead with that, too.)

I just had an epiphany while reading some general Star Trek background. In the TNG series, it is said that the El-Aurians were scattered by the Borg in 2265. As it stands right now, that comes right at the tail end of the Enterprise's five-year mission.

That gave me an idea: What if Guinan were involved in the next Star Trek film? At the end of the five-year mission, the Enterprise could make first contact with the El-Aurians, right when they are to encounter the Borg. And Guinan knows this is not supposed to happen, but Starfleet of the alternate reality is on-par with, if not even more advanced than, the Starfleet of "The Best of Both Worlds".

CountJohn

Report this May. 19 2013, 4:40 pm

Klingons seem like the logical next step based on some of the events of the recent movie.

I hope they leave the Borg alone. They're not TOS villains. Use them when and if a TNG reboot happens.

wissa

Report this May. 19 2013, 6:14 pm

I'm hoping for klingon war.

*spoilers*

I'm afraid they will just bring Khan back

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Flanaess

Report this May. 19 2013, 7:21 pm

I wonder if Guinan would be able to sense a chance in this type of alternate state, being that it's not just a time distortion.

If Paramount paid me, I'd give them ideas for the next film.

They need something new.

btw, in TMP, Kirk mentions five years in the unknown, I'd like to know what the missions were that are not known.

Vger23

Report this May. 19 2013, 7:52 pm

I doubt there will be a Klingon war. I also doubt you'll see any majormcharactersnor villains froM TNG.

I think the end of the film set up the sequel pretty clearly- a 5-year mission in the nuUniverse is underway, and Star fleet will be refocusing on exploring the galaxy. I think they're probably going to work a new concept based on exploring. I'm sure it will still be action / adventure oriented and fast-paced..but I wouldn't count on intergalactic war or Guianan vs the Borg.

panel

Report this May. 19 2013, 10:37 pm

I don't want a Klingon war, but I think that is the direction they are going.

Star Trek at war, is like star wars, we are smarter than that.  Roddenberry did not create a series about wars in space, he created a series about exploration, humanity, and morality.  I would hope that a future trek movie would depend on the current events that we will be facing in the not so distant future.

orlandorays

Report this May. 20 2013, 6:17 am

[quote]

[/quote]

As Spock Prime said, "Set aside logic."  With the new timeline, all bets are off.

I myself think some sort of Trek film involving the Borg in the alternate reality would be good if it were done right.

pb03

Report this May. 20 2013, 4:40 pm

Leave the BORG out of it, explode or implode the enterprise and make Kirk & crew find an alternate means of travel for awhile.

Most of all, NO TNG reboot!!!! That series needs to be left alone just as no one will ever reboot or sequel Back to the Future. Wise production/writers know an original story when they develop one and some things really need to be left alone for that reason!

PrincessBarbara

Report this May. 20 2013, 6:37 pm

The best idea would be to make sure that JJ Abrams has nothing to do with this film.  I want a Roddenberry Trek film. There are pleanty of talented folks out there who protect the meaning of Trek who I would love to see participate in the development of the next film:  Jonathan Frakes, Michael Dorn, Ronald D Moore, Brent Spiner,,,,Iron Man 3 proved that a franchise can successfully return to it's "roots" during it's 4th time at bat in the box office. (including the Avengers).

Let's start lobbying Paramount...

fireproof78

Report this May. 20 2013, 9:16 pm

Well, if Abrams isn't asked to it (i'll be surprised if he is not asked) then I would settle for Joss Whedon, who is no stranger to science fiction and is a smart writer.

Also, I would like to see a dispute between Klingons and the Federation, perhaps resulting in them ending outside the edge of the galaxy (similiar to the "Where No Man Has Gone Before" plot). Perhaps the Enterprise is tracking the S.S. Valiant when the Klingons attack. They get stranded and have to work together to make it back.

Mitchz95

Report this May. 20 2013, 9:18 pm

I think it will involve the Klingons some more, possibly Kirk and co. trying to prevent (or end) an all-out war. I would love a story about exploration, though. Trek seems to have lost that since Enterprise got cancelled, and it simply needs to be brought back.

Here's something that occurred to me: could the end of Into Darkness be hinting at a new series following the nuCrew during the first five-year mission?

kangkang.chen.3

Report this May. 21 2013, 3:28 am

I think there might be a new 5 years misson TV series?

then a movie in 2016 for 50th.

usually you have TV series first then movie franchies.

somehow i feel i little bit disconnect to new actors becoz i am not familiar enough with them.

did they show up in comic com as well as those old guys?

tks

orlandorays

Report this May. 21 2013, 5:23 am

[quote]

I want a Roddenberry Trek film.

[/quote]

Tough.

With the International bank Into Darkness is making, we're not going there again. We're certainly not whiplashing back to it.

Vicsage

Report this May. 22 2013, 5:02 pm

No response must mean you all agree.

Mitchz95

Report this May. 22 2013, 5:12 pm

Quote: Vicsage @ May. 22 2013, 5:02 pm

>The next movie will have to deal with the reality that no  one in the Federation need get sick or die ever again.  Kahn's blood cures all.  Will the cure be for just the elite?  Or will everyone have access to It?   Maybe  they can even have it where whoever uses Kahn's blood eventually becomes The Walking Dead.  Zombies are big now.  A galaxy being taken over by Zombies.

That's actually an interesting idea, minus the zombies of course. Starfleet would probably restrict access to the blood because it's genetically engineered, but I suspect word of it would get out and cause some discord.

Whatever we get, I hope Chekov has more to do. I almost forgot he existed until he saved Kirk and Scotty in Into Darkness.

Users browsing this forum: Narada, 22123magic