ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Brannon Braga calls lack of gay Star Trek characters 'a shame'

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:23 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:14 am

Quote: crellmoset @ Jul. 15 2013, 9:57 am

>

>"Some schools are even pushing kids to experiment with the LGBT lifestyle." Citation? Or is this another desperate made up anecdote?
You should know that I don't just make up things....

I've seen a few, but the latest one that I heard about is Linden Avenue Middle School... they put on an "anti-bullying presentation" where kids were taught terms like "pansexual" and "genderqueer."  But according to some students, they were instructed to ask each other to kiss students of the same gender.

Now, some "news" places say that it went much further than that, but there's no evidence.  And some places I've read said it never happened at all, but even the school said it happened - they just tried to minimize it.


if they're encouraging a kiss on the cheek, that's quite different than promoting a gay lifestyle. I kiss my female friends all the time.

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:26 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:19 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 9:59 am

>

>I don't believe that schools are teaching anti religious anything

>what do you consider pushing an agenda? it seems that you consider saying that same sex marriage is ok to be pushing an agenda

>can you please give me an example of a single school where kids are being pushed to experiment with the LGBT lifestyle? this was the most absurd statement in this whole thread
Really?  When a school teaches something that directly conflicts with a person's religious faith, you don't consider that anti-religious?

correct

see my post above.


if you believe that a school is teaching something that directly contadicts your relgion, then you have the option of sending your child to a religious school, or homeschooling.


 


and you are saying that by saying that a same sex marriage is not wrong, that is pushing an agenda? I don't believe you understand what "pushing an agenda" actually means

crellmoset

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 116

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:27 am

A quick search turns up articles that indicate the Linden school story to be a lie perpetuated by conservative elements to successfully incite hatred and fear. And you admite to having no evidence.


 


You're lying ormistaken.


Ethics are arbitrary.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46360

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:30 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:23 am

>if they're encouraging a kiss on the cheek, that's quite different than promoting a gay lifestyle. I kiss my female friends all the time.
They shouldn't be encouraged to kiss another student at all.  And remember, this was during instruction on non-heterosexual lifestyles.

crellmoset

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 116

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:33 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:30 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:23 am

>

>if they're encouraging a kiss on the cheek, that's quite different than promoting a gay lifestyle. I kiss my female friends all the time.
They shouldn't be encouraged to kiss another student at all.  And remember, this was during instruction on non-heterosexual lifestyles.


 


The repetition of your lies will never transmute them into the truth.


Ethics are arbitrary.

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:34 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:30 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:23 am

>

>if they're encouraging a kiss on the cheek, that's quite different than promoting a gay lifestyle. I kiss my female friends all the time.
They shouldn't be encouraged to kiss another student at all.  And remember, this was during instruction on non-heterosexual lifestyles.


I agree that they shouldn't be encouraged to kiss anyone, but there is a difference between a kiss on the cheek and making out


also a quick google search showed that your statements about that school are completely false

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46360

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:37 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:26 am

>if you believe that a school is teaching something that directly contadicts your relgion, then you have the option of sending your child to a religious school, or homeschooling.

>and you are saying that by saying that a same sex marriage is not wrong, that is pushing an agenda? I don't believe you understand what "pushing an agenda" actually means

>
true... but why should I have to pay twice for my kids' education?  Why should my tax dollars be used to teach children the very opposite of what I believe?


We can agree to disagree on what "pushing an agenda" means.  Remember the Overton Window.... things are done piece by piece, step by step.  Society can't make major changes overnight, but that doesn't mean that the end goals aren't still there.  Here's a small example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9M0xcs2Vw4 of the end goal.  (Notice when she says the obvious, the crowd applauds.)   Edit:  At least I can have some respect for her, even though I completely disagree - she says what her agenda is.)

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46360

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:40 am

Quote: crellmoset @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:27 am

>

>A quick search turns up articles that indicate the Linden school story to be a lie perpetuated by conservative elements to successfully incite hatred and fear. And you admite to having no evidence.

>You're lying ormistaken.

>
Nope.  I explained that some of the stories were incorrect, but that some were actually true and that that school made an official statement trying to minimize what they did.  Did they do all the things they were accused of?  No, and I stated that, but that doesn't make them innocent of everything.


See.... sometimes stories take on a life of their own.  When some event happens and the story is passed on, it often morphs and changes based on what the person heard and their own perceptions.  That's why critical thinking and research is required.  Use multiple references.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46360

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:42 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:34 am

>I agree that they shouldn't be encouraged to kiss anyone, but there is a difference between a kiss on the cheek and making out

>also a quick google search showed that your statements about that school are completely false

>
True.... but look at what was being taught.


And do more than a "quick google search"....  you'll find the truth, if you look for it.  Look for multiple sources.  Read the statements from the students and parents.  Read the statement from the school.


And if you really want the truth, go back further across multiple schools around the country.  You'll find tidbits here and there.... pieces that make a bigger picture.  Is the agenda going to be thrown in your face?  Is it everywhere and advertised?  Of course not..., but that doesn't mean it's not there.  Now... please don't think it's a "I believe something, so I'm going to go find evidence to support my view" - I actually think just the opposite - I use evidence to determine my viewpoints.  This makes me very good at my job - I'm able to see links between things that most people miss.

crellmoset

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 116

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:49 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:42 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:34 am

>

>I agree that they shouldn't be encouraged to kiss anyone, but there is a difference between a kiss on the cheek and making out

>also a quick google search showed that your statements about that school are completely false

>
True.... but look at what was being taught.

And do more than a "quick google search"....  you'll find the truth, if you look for it.  Look for multiple sources.  Read the statements from the students and parents.  Read the statement from the school.

And if you really want the truth, go back further across multiple schools around the country.  You'll find tidbits here and there.... pieces that make a bigger picture.

In other words you have no credible, respected source to back up your bull and are trying to shift the burden of proof away from yourself. You thought that your lie would just saunter right through, didn't you?


 


 


 


 


 


Ethics are arbitrary.

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:51 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:37 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:26 am

>

>if you believe that a school is teaching something that directly contadicts your relgion, then you have the option of sending your child to a religious school, or homeschooling.

>and you are saying that by saying that a same sex marriage is not wrong, that is pushing an agenda? I don't believe you understand what "pushing an agenda" actually means

>
true... but why should I have to pay twice for my kids' education?  Why should my tax dollars be used to teach children the very opposite of what I believe?

 


If you don't like what the school is teaching then put your kids in a different school. There are a million religious beliefs out there. SOMEONE will always be offended by something. If you're so religious that you think that public school contradicts your religious views, then put your kids in a religious school.


 

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46360

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 10:55 am

Quote: crellmoset @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:49 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:42 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:34 am

>

>

>I agree that they shouldn't be encouraged to kiss anyone, but there is a difference between a kiss on the cheek and making out

>also a quick google search showed that your statements about that school are completely false

>
True.... but look at what was being taught.

And do more than a "quick google search"....  you'll find the truth, if you look for it.  Look for multiple sources.  Read the statements from the students and parents.  Read the statement from the school.

And if you really want the truth, go back further across multiple schools around the country.  You'll find tidbits here and there.... pieces that make a bigger picture.

In other words you have no credible, respected source to back up your bull and are trying to shift the burden of proof away from yourself. You thought that your lie would just saunter right through, didn't you?
okay - so you don't want to go research something for yourself.  That's okay - you're choice.

crellmoset

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 116

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 11:01 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:55 am

Quote: crellmoset @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:49 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:42 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:34 am

>

>

>

>I agree that they shouldn't be encouraged to kiss anyone, but there is a difference between a kiss on the cheek and making out

>also a quick google search showed that your statements about that school are completely false

>
True.... but look at what was being taught.

And do more than a "quick google search"....  you'll find the truth, if you look for it.  Look for multiple sources.  Read the statements from the students and parents.  Read the statement from the school.

And if you really want the truth, go back further across multiple schools around the country.  You'll find tidbits here and there.... pieces that make a bigger picture.

In other words you have no credible, respected source to back up your bull and are trying to shift the burden of proof away from yourself. You thought that your lie would just saunter right through, didn't you?
okay - so you don't want to go research something for yourself.  That's okay - you're choice.

That's perfectly okay. I'm not digging around through your conspiracies. You made an assertion, you refused to provide proof despite you being the person making the claim. We'll always know you as a liar now.


 


 


Ethics are arbitrary.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46360

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 11:04 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jul. 15 2013, 10:51 am

>If you don't like what the school is teaching then put your kids in a different school. There are a million religious beliefs out there. SOMEONE will always be offended by something. If you're so religious that you think that public school contradicts your religious views, then put your kids in a religious school.
I'm not talking about being offended.  Nobody has the right not to be offended.


So you want to penalize me for being religious by making me pay twice for my kids' education?


But I think you're missing the bigger picture of what I'm trying to say.... the government is using my tax money to attack religion, which is just as wrong as the government using our tax money to use religion to attack people.  Both are just as dangerous.


See... I think the best teachers teach the children the critical thinking skills necessary to figure things out themselves.... while the teacher's own beliefs are not shown.  Best teacher I had made us understand as many views on a subject as possible and argue them as if we believed them.  In history, we had to argue the British's side of the US Revolution in addition to the colonists.  We had to know and make arguements for both the Union and Conferate states during the Civil War.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46360

Report this Jul. 15 2013, 11:06 am

Quote: crellmoset @ Jul. 15 2013, 11:01 am

>That's perfectly okay. I'm not digging around through your conspiracies. You made an assertion, you refused to provide proof despite you being the person making the claim. We'll always know you as a liar now.
so you refuse to do research to support your assertion in order to claim someone else is at fault?  I gave you the information necessary, but you didn't like it.  As the old saying goes, you can lead someone to water, you can't make them drink.  That's okay - you've confirmed what I thought about you a while back.  Oh well.

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum