ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Brannon Braga calls lack of gay Star Trek characters 'a shame'

Sora

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2606

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 8:40 am

Quote: Admiral Jimmy @ Jun. 17 2013, 11:06 pm

>

>hey sora are you on Facebook or something?

>

Live Long and Prosper

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 8:40 am

Quote: Admiral Jimmy @ Jun. 18 2013, 8:34 am

>

>I didnt predict the future someone else did, there will be times when it looks like christians are gone but they never will be, God's people will always be here

>


In all fairness, how can anyone possibly know that. That's a very close minded view

ComicBookMen2013

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 8:43 am

Calling all Fanboys & Fangirls!!! COMIC BOOK MEN is looking for people to appear on season 3 of the hit TV series on AMC!


Are you a quirky comic geek with a supersized personality? Is there a comic related item or retro pop-culture collectible you've been longing to buy or sell? Then all your four colored dreams can come true at Executive Producer Kevin Smith's Comic Shop Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash!


 


Here's how you get started...


Go to http://comicbookmencasting.com/ and apply ASAP!


 


*Must be 18 years or older to apply*


*Travel to Red Bank, NJ and batteries not included*

bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 8:44 am

Quote: Admiral Jimmy @ Jun. 18 2013, 8:29 am

>i can tell you for a fact bunkey christians will never go extinct, and telling someone that they aren behaving inappropriately is a polite so that the person can correct themself.


Did I say all Christians? I said homophobic Christians. Please check your reading comprehension skills.


And I have no idea what you were even trying to type in the last part of your statement,


Sarcasm is my native language.
JJ Abrams is not of the body.

Admiral Jimmy

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 21

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 8:45 am

I know this becausevi have a KJV bible and i read and study it every thing it has said has either come true or will soon.


 


sora on facebook im Jim Brewer ill friend you

Sora

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2606

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 8:52 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jun. 18 2013, 8:31 am

Quote: Admiral Jimmy @ Jun. 18 2013, 8:29 am

>

>

>i can tell you for a fact bunkey christians will never go extinct, and telling someone that they aren behaving inappropriately is a polite so that the person can correct themself.

>

You can predict the future? WOW!!!


No. God already did that. And what has been foretold in scripture is already beginning to happen. You are all just too blind and arrogant to believe it.


Live Long and Prosper

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 8:54 am

Quote: Admiral Jimmy @ Jun. 18 2013, 8:45 am

>

>I know this becausevi have a KJV bible and i read and study it every thing it has said has either come true or will soon.

>sora on facebook im Jim Brewer ill friend you

>


but how do you know what the future will hold?

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 8:57 am

Quote: Sora @ Jun. 18 2013, 8:52 am

Quote: willowtree @ Jun. 18 2013, 8:31 am

Quote: Admiral Jimmy @ Jun. 18 2013, 8:29 am

>

>

>

>i can tell you for a fact bunkey christians will never go extinct, and telling someone that they aren behaving inappropriately is a polite so that the person can correct themself.

>

You can predict the future? WOW!!!

No. God already did that. And what has been foretold in scripture is already beginning to happen. You are all just too blind and arrogant to believe it.


interesting, I don't share your belief so I'm blind and arrogant.


 

bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 9:00 am

You know what's really sad? All of this, this entire thread, all this debate, is spawned from a select few who are grossly misinformed about the LGBT community and are offended by one human beings love for another. A select few who believe they know the right and wrong way to love another person. A select few who are threatened and fearful of a portion of our society who simply wants to be free to express their love, share the same rights as others and be represented equally.


And, it's revealed that there are a select few Star Trek fans who bring shame to fandom on a whole and everything Star Trek stands for.

Sora

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2606

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 9:10 am

Bunkey....I have tried to patient, I have tried to be polite with you, I have tried clearly explain how I feel in a reasonable and peaceful way, but enough is enough. Ever since I came on this thread you've been attacking and calling me names, I guess because your argument is so weak and I've given so little to work with that's all you had left to resort to.


I've attempted to explain, I've attempted to see if you were truly open minded, but you clearly are not. You are very set in your ways and your beliefs, not to say that I'm not as well, but for the record, I never attacked anyone. You've been the one doing that. I'm not homophobic, I'm being obedient to God's commands, there is a difference. It seems to me that you are the one who is afraid that there is a slight chance of you not being able to shove your gay agenda down everybody's throat in an attempt to make it normal.


And for the record, the American people, being angry with Muslims after 9/11 was extremely understandable. Many of our innocent people were killed by them, and you expect the American people to turn a blind eye to that? Really? That is truly cold hearted that you would expect these people who lost family members in those attacks to not be upset with Islam and muslim culture. And as far as Muslims practicing Islam in this country, yes they have the right to do that, but just because they have a right to, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Anymore than it would be a good idea for me to go into one of their countries waving my bible around. They'd take me and kill me for converting to their religion, and you say I'm intolorant simply for not approving of gay lifestyle? You now defend Islam, but in their countries, they'll just drag gays outside kill them right there, no trial, nothing at all. But I'm the intolorant one


I have tried to open your eyes, and you have shown your true colors, and I am done with you. I wash my hands of you. I hope that someday you will become a happier person.

willowtree

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1137

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 9:18 am

Quote: Sora @ Jun. 18 2013, 9:10 am

>

>Bunkey....I have tried to patient, I have tried to be polite with you, I have tried clearly explain how I feel in a reasonable and peaceful way, but enough is enough. Ever since I came on this thread you've been attacking and calling me names, I guess because your argument is so weak and I've given so little to work with that's all you had left to resort to.

>I've attempted to explain, I've attempted to see if you were truly open minded, but you clearly are not. You are very set in your ways and your beliefs, not to say that I'm not as well, but for the record, I never attacked anyone. You've been the one doing that. I'm not homophobic, I'm being obedient to God's commands, there is a difference. It seems to me that you are the one who is afraid that there is a slight chance of you not being able to shove your gay agenda down everybody's throat in an attempt to make it normal.

>And for the record, the American people, being angry with Muslims after 9/11 was extremely understandable. Many of our innocent people were killed by them, and you expect the American people to turn a blind eye to that? Really? That is truly cold hearted that you would expect these people who lost family members in those attacks to not be upset with Islam and muslim culture. And as far as Muslims practicing Islam in this country, yes they have the right to do that, but just because they have a right to, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Anymore than it would be a good idea for me to go into one of their countries waving my bible around. They'd take me and kill me for converting to their religion, and you say I'm intolorant simply for not approving of gay lifestyle? You now defend Islam, but in their countries, they'll just drag gays outside kill them right there, no trial, nothing at all. But I'm the intolorant one

>I have tried to open your eyes, and you have shown your true colors, and I am done with you. I wash my hands of you. I hope that someday you will become a happier person.

>


 


you have been everything BUT patient and polite. YOU are the one attacking people, a few minutes ago you called everyone who disagrees with you close minded and arrogant.

bunkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 686

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 9:42 am

All you have done is avoid the questions that I ask that show how truly uninformed about the LGBT community you are. You've avoided my questions about gender roles and chosen to heap hell fire and brimstone quotes on me instead. 


My true colors are a rainbow, which is a sign of equality for all human beings.  What have you tried to open my eyes to? Jesus? How I am on the wrong path? How I'm closed minded for wanting ALL humans represented in media and entertainment? The "gay agenda" is equality. You either support it or get the hell out of the way.  


As far as Islam goes, I live in NYC. I was in Manhattan on 9/11. I lost a few co-workers who were at WTC that day. I know many people who lost loved ones. I lived through it and a great many New Yorkers who also lived through it banned together to support innocent followers of Islam after the attacks.  See, the wonderful thing about NYC is that we are for the most part able to ban together as human beings. It's one of the most culturally diverse places on the planet.  We do not tolerate discrimination. A while ago there was an Islamic  Cultural Center set to open up down by Wall Street. Some protested it but the majority of New Yorkers defended it, including the Mayor and the Police Commisioner.  So you can call me cold hearted from whatever part of the country you're in and be an armchair critic about something you did not experience all you like. I was born here. I live here. I experienced things first hand and not through a newspaper or televison. And I am smart enough to know that the people I live side by side  were not the same people responsible for the attacks. And so are most New Yorkers too. Only people like you prefer to lump everyone into large groups and make broad stroke assumptions about a portion of society.


I never defended the practices of ruling extremist Islamic governments in foreign countries. I defended innocent Muslims who simply wish to worship and go about their day here in the US without being harrassed. There is a HUGE difference. The same difference there is between a Catholic and the Catholic Church as an institution.  You either don't read very well or are attempting to twist my words that are in black and white.


You're again trying to twist this into you being some sort of  victim. Oh boo hoo. Poor Christian being called out as an oppressor of the LGBT community. Cry me a river.  "I'm a victim because I seek to prevent gay people from being seen on TV." You believe that most Star Trek fans are idiots anyway and think you're super special.


As for me being happy, I'm very happy. As a matter of fact, my birthday falls on Pride Week and as usual, I am going  to go to the Pride parade and have a fun, fabulous time with people from all walks of life in celebration of individuality and know the joy and love that happens when you celebrate IDIC in it's truest form. 


Sarcasm is my native language.
JJ Abrams is not of the body.

starfan97

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 235

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 2:01 pm

I have nothing against "gay" people. I just dont like what they do. the people themselves are created just like the rest of us. The act of being gay though, is against my beliefs. I don't care what ANYONE thinks about that, but I stand firm in believing that it is wrong. 


Star trek is fine without any gay characters. 

starfan97

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 235

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 2:03 pm

And bunkey, you can not be a full blooded Christian and not be against the act of being gay. Christians believe that it is wrong. And they will not go extinct.

Sora

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2606

Report this Jun. 18 2013, 2:28 pm

Quote: starfan97 @ Jun. 18 2013, 2:03 pm

>

>And bunkey, you can not be a full blooded Christian and not be against the act of being gay. Christians believe that it is wrong. And they will not go extinct.

>


 


That is definitely a good way of wording it.


I also agree with you starfan97 that Trek is perfect. It's been perfect just the way it is. It doesn't need any changes. I love that Trek tackled racial issues, and showed that each individual is responsible for his or her own actions, and aren't always locked down to single behavior because of their race. But I also like, that in each species we saw in Star Trek, we often still had certain traits that most of the race seemed to demonstrate, which is realistic is well. All that stuff was very well written.


Live Long and Prosper

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra, FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum