If Star Trek didn't exist.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this May. 08 2013, 4:46 pm

Hypothetical question of course but if Star Trek had never made it on the air what would have kept you occupied, fandom-wise, all this time?

For me I grew up liking Star Wars too and film in general but nothing else, even my newfound love of Doctor Who, has really been able to take the place of Trek.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this May. 08 2013, 5:01 pm

I'm a fan of Babylon 5.

I think the bigger question is, if Star Trek never existed, what would Sci-Fi look like?

CountJohn

Report this May. 08 2013, 5:33 pm

If Star Trek didn't exist, someone would find the Guardian of Forever and travel back to prevent whatever temporal disturbance prevented its invention.

Obviously.

starfan97

Report this May. 08 2013, 7:03 pm

Man, I can't imagine Star trek not existing. I would have to say probably... hmmm.. that's a hard one. I really like Hawaii Five O so i guess I would watch that but it doesn't replace Star Trek.

Holo

Report this May. 08 2013, 8:58 pm

Hrmmm... Mad Men, Downton Abbey, Breaking Bad. I'm not really a sci fi fan. I love Trek and BSG, but that's about it.

OtakuJo

Report this May. 08 2013, 9:05 pm

Probably the same other things that I am a fan of now. I'm not sure what my favourite show would be.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Gawain_VIII

Report this May. 09 2013, 4:09 am

If Star Trek didn't exist, I'd play alot more D&D while watching Firefly and Sliders.

ROBERT CHARLES GRAHAM, Vice Admiral
U.S.S Gawain NCC-91980
Commanding Officer, Frontier Fleet
sto-frontier-fleet.proboards.com

miklamar

Report this May. 09 2013, 5:07 am

I would probably be a fan of vampire books and other horror genre.  I just started reading a good one:  Blood Oath.

Flanaess

Crime Story

Wiseguy

Highlander

The X-Files

bunkey

Report this May. 16 2013, 12:54 pm

I would imagine if Star Trek didn't exist, I would not a fan of many of the things I am today, if any.  Star Trek was a springboard at a very young age for all subsequent fandoms. Through Star Trek I discovered other fandoms, including comic books.  Star Trek is what drew me to my first comic shop. And my first general sci-fi convention.

I'd most likely still be a Ranger fan, though.

Sarcasm is my native language.
JJ Abrams is not of the body.

Users browsing this forum: crimsyn