I think this movie NEEDS to have Khan

Blockman

Report this Apr. 25 2013, 4:26 am

In some way shape or form. It's the only way to make it Epic! They've got to fix-up and revive that old bland comic-book esque villain from the 80's and update him for our new 2013 audiences! Only Kruge was worse and more cut-and-dry simplistic. "GEEHHT AHHHT, GEHHT OUTTAHHH THUHHRRR". lol

I think most people understand this and agree with me. If not, I'm sure that if you actually sat down and thought about it, you'd come to my side. Which I'll be happily waiting for and smiling about once you do. book it.

Vger23

Report this Apr. 25 2013, 7:23 am

I'm not really hard over either way. If they have Khan, and the do it "right," it would be awesome. But, if it's really just "John Harrison" and there is ZERO Khan connection then that would be just fine too.

In my mind, the name and background of the "villian" has very little to do with my enjoyment of the film. It's all about the main characters and the challenges / struggles they go through.

Blockman

Report this Apr. 25 2013, 7:47 am

2takesfrakes

Report this Apr. 25 2013, 4:29 pm

If the TREK reboot series wants to continue
to draw from THE WRATH of KHAN in one
way or another - while it may not THRILL me
- I will tolerate/accept it - but NOT in using
KHAN, himself! For all the coin they blow on
making these new features, yeah ... they can
afford to give us a NEW villian. I think SO ...

wagontraintothestars1968

Report this Apr. 25 2013, 4:42 pm

Quote: Blockman @ Apr. 25 2013, 7:47 am

>As long as they have to struggle with his "five times the strength" of everybody else, and he steals a ship to wage war, it'll be gold! Plus someone would HAVE to scream KHHAAAAAANNNN!

>I hope too that the teaser with the two hands on the glass isnt just a tease. I would love to see that scene replayed.

yeah someone does yell out khan but its not jim mwhahahahaha

Blockman

Report this Apr. 25 2013, 6:07 pm

^^^^^

You've seen it!? If you're yanking me, I'll come through the screen and eSlap you! If not, I think I'm going to FREAK OUT!!!!

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Apr. 25 2013, 9:58 pm

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 25 2013, 10:05 pm

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Apr. 25 2013, 9:58 pm

>I would prefer it not to be Khan, even more so after seeing the more recent trailers. Star Trek II is just fine and doesn't need a gritty reboot.

Same here. Though I'm sure I'll enjoy it either way.

iron225

Report this May. 02 2013, 4:55 pm

i thought this jj abrams thing was a reboot of the original series and not a reboot of the original movies whats up with this they should come in with things that are connected with the original series khan is but slightly and he didnt steal a ship until 15 years later he has been marooned on ceti alpha 5 why make a movie to be to much like wrath of khan and carol marcus never met khan, acording to star trek history even with the new time line some things should still stand true.

Users browsing this forum: alfamav