ST. Enterprise should have a season 5 :)

Marika Haliwell

Report this Apr. 12 2013, 8:27 am

Since 2 weeks ago when Brannon Braga had the idea to say that ST- ENT should be back for a season 5 , Doug Drexler started a campaign on facebook  What do you think, should be possible?

starfan97

Report this Apr. 12 2013, 3:08 pm

I would love for it to happen, although i won't get my hopes up. IF it did happen, though, i was would be, well... extremely happy. I would do a lot of things to make this possible. I just hope Brannon brgaa tries to keep true to his word.

CountJohn

Report this Apr. 13 2013, 5:59 pm

I hate to be the debbie downer here, but there's about a 1% chance of this actually happening. While it's now higher regarded among fans, Enterprises fanbase hasn't really expanded, certainly not the way TOS did from syndicated reruns in the 70's. Plus, I highly doubt Paramount wants to revisit the show that objectively, whether you like Enterprise or not, killed the franchise (along with Nemesis) when they've finally turned the franchise into a moneymaker again.

Ne vem

Report this Apr. 14 2013, 10:01 am

Why don't they do a kickstarter campaign for it, just like Veronica Mars? I guess the budget would have to be a bit bigger for another series...maybe they could get half from the fans, half from the studio?

CountJohn might be right though, I don't think the studio would want to rock the boat at the moment.

Why does no-one in Trek make zines?

ABfield

Report this Apr. 14 2013, 11:55 am

kamboyo

Report this Apr. 14 2013, 12:50 pm

Totally understand all the comments above but I would so love to see Enterprise back again.  The show had been through a blip and ended dreadfully but it had hit its stride and the potential is still there to bring it back.  I live in hope!

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 14 2013, 4:35 pm

I would love to see ENT return and get the respect it deserves. Trying not to get my hopes up, though.

CountJohn

Report this Apr. 14 2013, 5:23 pm

Quote: ABfield @ Apr. 14 2013, 11:55 am

>Let's be clear, While Nemisis didn't help, and Star Trek ENT could have been marketed better, it debued 2 weeks after 9/11. People forget what it was like back then but a TV show about Starship and alien world's had NO RELEVANCE at that time. All the focus was on a 14th century religious extremists sect, not 22nd Century space exploration stories.

>9/11 doomed Star Trek, but now hopefully as Al-Quieda has been dealt with, Season 5 of ENT will happen.

As I recall, ENT's ratings weren't really an issue untill they lost a substantial chunk of the audience in season 3. They got a "last chance" with the season 4 retooling of the show, but the ratings didn't go up so it got axed. The issue is that they lost the older ST fanbase ,who were a bit lukewarm on the show's concept as it was,  by inserting more modern ideas into the show, like terrorism and continuing story arcs, but didn't gain a new, younger audience to make up for the lost viewers.

Realistically, a new Star Trek show will either be in the 23rd Century JJverse (either with a new ship and characters or with the original cast being once again recast) or they'll skip ahead again and do something in the 25th or 26th centuries to get a fresh start for Trek on TV (the option I'd much prefer)

starfan97

Report this May. 04 2013, 2:52 pm

Without a doubt. I think TV needs a good sci-fi show on these days. a fifth season of Enterprise could do the trick.

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra