T'Pol and Trip

Created by: startrek23cookie

startrek23cookie

Report this Apr. 09 2013, 7:33 am

They were on and off. Even though they didn't end up in the show, should they have? I mean they seemed quite serious and we all know they truly, deeply felt emotions. They even had a child with their own DNA and that drew them closer together. I think they should have gotten married and whatnot but I want to know what you guys think.

Sehlat123

Report this Apr. 09 2013, 11:34 am

They should have; the only reason they didn't was because Berman and Braga were mad that the show was canceled, and made them break up and die.

2takesfrakes

Report this Apr. 09 2013, 4:07 pm

Trip & T'Pol were one of the hottest couples in STAR TREK's history!

T'Paul

Report this Apr. 09 2013, 7:56 pm

When T'Pol claimed that she was interested in Trip only because she wanted to investigate human sexuality, that was believable. However, I didn't think they were the right types for each other in terms of long-term compatibility.

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 09 2013, 9:00 pm

I like the way their relationship was depicted as somewhat awkward in the show. But I don't like how TATV had them break up.

starfan97

Report this Apr. 10 2013, 1:45 pm

They obviously liked each other but it also didnt work out. With the politics of the time and just the combination of other stuff, im not suprised that it didnt work out. But in a perfect world, they definately should have been together.

tim2105

Report this Apr. 11 2013, 5:06 am

Hasnt anybody here read the Enterprise books?

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 11 2013, 5:44 am

Quote: tim2105 @ Apr. 11 2013, 5:06 am

>Hasnt anybody here read the Enterprise books?

Those aren't canon. Though I am hoping to pick them up at some point.

tim2105

Report this Apr. 11 2013, 4:05 pm

the trip and tpol stories are the best part of the books for me

Reanok

Report this Apr. 11 2013, 6:24 pm

I like the Trip&T'Pol relationship we saw on tv and in the Enterprise novels.I look forward to seeing how the new Enterprise novels will continue moving forward with Trip&T'pol's story arc form the the last Romulan war novel left off.

TravisMalcolm

Report this Aug. 06 2013, 6:25 pm

Their relationship was awkward ( good point Mitchz95). I think that made the most sense. T'pol had to come to terms with her emotions, and accepting that she was drawn to someone who was so emotional. Trip had to work out his feelings towards Vulcans in general, & towards T'pol in particular. After all, she invited him to Vulcan and then got married to a Vulcan. That had to hur Trip deeply. & I loved how Blalock played her part.

Blalock & Nimoy were the best two actors in the Star Trek universe. Go Vulcans!