what is your favorite ship designs

pollard/st

Report this Apr. 08 2013, 5:38 pm

i have long obsesed over the ships of star trek, and i want to know, what are other peoples favorite ships, and much more importantly, why?

pollard/st

Report this Apr. 08 2013, 5:47 pm

i will start off, my favorite ship is the galaxy class, it is just so majestic, i cant help but to love it, other than that, i dont know why i like it.

another one of my favorite ships is the klingon katinga, and i suppose, the d7, they are just so predatory, more so than any ship made since, in my opinion.

the next ship i like is the sovereign class, it is sleek, powerfull, and i feel, a nice change from the stafleet design.

the last ship i will talk about is that breen warship, it is an asymetrical!! though i feel that is a good enough reason, i will elaborate, it is a "breath fresh air" and it is menacing, powerfull, yet remains fast and manuverable.

i like many other ships, but, i wont bore you dear strangers with all of them

Darth Vader

Report this Apr. 08 2013, 6:11 pm

The tie fighter because it makes a cool noise and strikes fear into the hearts of the rebels.

join me, it is your destiny.

Admiral James T. Kirk

Report this Apr. 08 2013, 6:24 pm

Can I please facepalm really hard right now? No I think my favorite Federation Design is Probley either the Soverign or the Excelsior. I mean the defiant is pretty cool and not trying to start anything here but could probley blow the millinium falcon outta the sky anyday.

pollard/st

Report this Apr. 08 2013, 6:32 pm

Let's not start another trek/wars conflict, this is simply a research project, delving onto the minds of fellow trekies. (But I will say that anything with torpedoes and a transporter could destroy any ship from star wars, with the command "been a photon torpedo into there power generator". The few ships that do have sheilds, aren't designed to block transporters.)

Remus47

Report this Apr. 08 2013, 6:50 pm

Mine would definitely have to be a tie between the Soverign and Intrepid class. They are just so refined and elegant!

VORTEX8472

Report this Apr. 08 2013, 7:15 pm

I judge my favorite ship with the following in mind; "which ship would I take into battle?".  Answer, the original Defiant, it was the little "badass" starfleet ship.

- "Tough little Ship..."    - "Little?!"

Holo

Report this Apr. 08 2013, 7:28 pm

If you mean from the outside, I'd say Sovereign. It's very powerful looking but still immediately identifiable as Federation.

But as far as interiors go, the Galaxy class is by far the best looking in the fleet. Rooms and corridors on the Defiant and Intrepid are very simple and utilitarian (which is understandable for the Defiant), and the Sovereign class seems cramped and cluttered. Every space on the Galaxy class from the bridge to sickbay to engineering has a wonderful flow and elegance to it.

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 08 2013, 9:00 pm

Mine is the NX class, closely followed by the Constitution refit. The Klingon Bird-of-Prey and Intrepid class are awesome too.

CountJohn

Report this Apr. 09 2013, 3:14 pm

Are we just going with aesthetics here? I'm not an expert on ST tech

Exterior-The refitted Constitution class was always the best looking ship to me. The classic, prototypical Star Trek ship. If we're including non-Star Trek ships I've obviously got to include the Klingon Bird of Prey too.

Interior-I'm torn between the Enterprise E and refitted original Enterprise for the best bridges. I would say the Enterprise D, but I like the Captain's chair to be singular in the middle of the room. The Enterprise D had the best overall interior.

Darth Vader

Report this Apr. 09 2013, 7:39 pm

[quote]

[/quote]

No it wouldn't because the Millenium Falcon is amazing at dodging things by flying slightly to the left. The most any star trek ships can do is have their engineers complain about everything.

join me, it is your destiny.

pollard/st

Report this Apr. 10 2013, 1:30 pm

if i may, the milenium falcon has no/inadequate sheilding to block a transporter beem, and you cant dodge a transported photon torpedo

Admiral James T. Kirk

Report this Apr. 11 2013, 4:17 am

A.) The Defiant Class is a purpose built ship to DESTROY the BORG....... Not much else I can say on that point other than that the Millinium Falcon is not a Borg Cube. B.) The Millinium Falcon is always breaking down.... I mean the last time I checked if your ship breaks down in the middle of a Fight your gonna loose..... C.) I mean I love the millinium falcon but there's no possible way for the Falcon to win the Fight....

5murphster

Report this Apr. 11 2013, 5:08 am

Favourite ship designs are definately extreme ones:

Defiant: awesome powerhouse whose engines would rip it apart if turned all the way up.  Borg Cube: just a giant cube flying through space and vitually indestructable.  Romulan Warbird: painted to look like a predatory bird and hard as nails with a fleet of fighters in its dock

Internal design - yeah, I'd go with the Galaxy class too, smooth, well thought out, flowing lines.

starfan97

Report this Apr. 13 2013, 1:37 pm

OK, I loved that one ship on "Enterprise" that was bigger on the inside than on the outside. it was really intriguing. But if we are strictly talking about Starfleet vessels or ones seen on screen more than once, I would have to say that I really liked the NX-01 ship. It seemed very realistic. The galaxy class ship almost looked more like a luxury vessel than a scientifically technological ship of sorts. It was nice looking and could pack quite a punch.

I like the look of the Andorian bridge too. I like the militaristic look. Same with the Defiant.