The war between the Federation and the Sphere Builders

Five Captains

Report this Apr. 06 2013, 8:37 pm

I just got through watching the whole Xindi arc of Enterprise and I have a question concerning it. On the episode "Azati Prime", Daniels takes Archer into the future on board the Enterprise J and they see a battle happening between the Federation and the Sphere Builders. My question is, does that battle still take place or did the end of the Temporal Cold War change all that? Considering that the Spere Builders were a faction in the Temporal Cold War and at the end of the episode "Storm Front part 2" Daniels shows Archer how the time lines are returning to normal. Does that affect the the futuristic battle between the Federation and the Sphere Builders?

Sehlat123

Report this Apr. 06 2013, 9:04 pm

I think the whole war didn't happen. The spheres were destroyed by Archer, so they couldn't have come out at Procyon V. So I am guessing it never happened in the timeline we are familiar with.

Edit: Memory Alpha says it is in a "possible future," by the way.

Five Captains

Report this Apr. 06 2013, 9:57 pm

leroybrock

Report this Apr. 06 2013, 11:58 pm

Well realistically as Star Trek continues on they will always have needs for new conflicts and struggles. A threat from an extra dimensional foe that wants to warp the fabric of our space probably isn't off anyone's table.

I Am Ultra Narcissus.

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 07 2013, 10:41 am

They could always build more Spheres if they needed to.

Sehlat123

Report this Apr. 07 2013, 11:15 am

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Apr. 07 2013, 10:41 am

>They could always build more Spheres if they needed to.

Well, didn't they say that the current ones were thousands of years old? Apparently, they took a long time to reconfigure space. So I doubt they would be ready by the 26th century.

"Borg. Sounds Swedish."

leroybrock

Report this Apr. 07 2013, 11:34 am

Well their plans could have been to convert a much larger section of space. It could be said that they had a large stockpile of spheres waiting to be deployed once they had their safe zone established to their satisfaction.

I Am Ultra Narcissus.

Five Captains

Report this Apr. 07 2013, 2:29 pm

Maybe by the 26th century they come up with a another way to reconfiure space on a much grander and faster scale so that the spheres are no longer needed. The Sphere Builders were able to look into all possible time lines so maybe they would make adjustments or whatever they had to in order to make the majority of the time lines go their way.

Cali-Kidd

Report this Apr. 17 2013, 4:47 am

Yes I think the war would still occur and sphere builders would lose. That's the reason they were in Archers time trying to change the future to avoid being defeated by the federation of planets. At least that's what I think. Good question but the cancelation of the show prevented us from truly finding out. I think they should have a 5 day mini series with that same cast set about 3 to 5 yrs later to have some closure. It's a shame they were canceled. They were just starting to introduce the Romulans.

Five Captains

Report this Apr. 20 2013, 7:38 pm

That was my thought as well, Cali-Kidd. That was the very reason for getting the Xindi to attack Earth to begin with. They looked into a future where The Federation was going to defeat them so then it became lets destroy them in the 22nd century so they cannot defeat us in the 26th century.

jumpthepuddle

Report this Apr. 21 2013, 5:53 am

Quote: Five Captains @ Apr. 06 2013, 9:57 pm

>That is very true but sometimes statements were made throughout the series that made me think it was possible that it still happened such as the reason the Spere Builders manipulated the Xindi into attacking Earth was because they saw that humanity would defeat them in that war 400 years in the future. And yet at the same time the Sphere Builders only saw possible futures and outcomes so there were times I wondered about the whole thing.

>Now out of curiosity and your personal opinion, do you think that in the TOS era or the TNG era that the Xindi become members of the Federation or do you think they are simply allied with them like the Klingons?

The sphere builders telling the Xindi that humans would destroy them in the future was a lie.  Not a possible future.  It was a stinking butt lie in fact.

Five Captains

Report this Apr. 21 2013, 10:46 am

Quote: jumpthepuddle @ Apr. 21 2013, 5:53 am

Quote: Five Captains @ Apr. 06 2013, 9:57 pm

That I understand. What I was trying to say was that the Sphere Builders saw a future where the Federation would defeat them (that is the Sphere Builders) in a war 400 years in the future.

cardassian_officer

Report this Apr. 24 2013, 4:07 am

They are like on dominion but i not know this is true or not ? I really not know who they are .

Maybe anybody can give me information about this strange race.

Goldplanet

Report this Apr. 24 2013, 8:34 am

Five Captains

Report this Apr. 24 2013, 5:20 pm

Quote: Goldplanet @ Apr. 24 2013, 8:34 am

>My option is likley other ways of doing it or might well had plan B another area build spears in.

Exactly. Chances are they would not give up after the spheres were destroyed at the end of the third season.

Users browsing this forum: miklamar