Favorite Star Trek Composers

GazzerG

Report this Apr. 04 2013, 8:45 pm

I will start this one off by saying, my favorite piece of music from a Star Trek motion picture is Jerry Goldsmith's "Main Title/Locutus" from Star Trek First Contact. This music brings me to tears every time I hear it.

Kornula

Report this Apr. 05 2013, 12:36 am

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 05 2013, 9:24 pm

Quote: Kornula @ Apr. 05 2013, 12:36 am

>Jerry Goldsmith was a versatile composer.  Listening to most his scores, one can hear that he put fourth his best effort, regardless of the quality of the film.   Many of his works stand out, however, for me, Star Trek, the (slow) motion picture stands out above his works. Heck, I enjoy listening to the score more than wathching the movie.

Likewise.

Goldsmith was a legend, though I also really like Brian Tyler's style. He did the scores for ENT "Canamar" and "Regeneration". And let's not forget Cliff Eidelman, who did the score for The Undiscovered Country!

Kornula

Report this Apr. 06 2013, 12:41 am

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Apr. 05 2013, 9:24 pm

Quote: Kornula @ Apr. 05 2013, 12:36 am

Likewise.

Have you heard Igor Stravinsky's "Firebird Suite".  If not, I reccomend giving it a listen.  Eidlman just copied and pasted that piece.  As Horner used almost all of Prokofiev's "Romeo & Juliet" ballet for Search For Spock score.  Great music.. but why could the producers not just use the orginal compositions?

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Apr. 06 2013, 3:23 pm

Of Course, You Have To Start With Alexander Courage, The Man Who Gave Trek It's Signature Fanfare; And Then,Goldsmith And James Horner; Did Not Embrace Leonard Rosenman's Work On 'The Voyage Home'.

Sehlat123

Report this Apr. 06 2013, 9:55 pm

Jerry Goldsmith was the best! I love the first contact music. Possibly the best movie score ever! But I won't neglect to mention Jerry Fielding, who wrote the Trouble with Tribbles...

"Borg. Sounds Swedish."

Kornula

Report this Apr. 07 2013, 1:48 am

[quote]

[/quote]

Sehlat123;   I trust you've heard LaLa Land Records issued EVERY SINGLE music cue from TOS recently??