Starfleet rules and regulations

Devinoni

Report this Apr. 03 2013, 12:34 am

I did find a lot of information regarding Starfleet General Orders and Regulations on memory-alpha.org, however I was wondering if those would happen to be available in published or bundled format?

Make it so.

miklamar

Report this Apr. 03 2013, 7:15 am

I think there are several reference books containing some of these rules, but I don't think there is a single book with all of them in it.  (I'm not sure if there really is a complete list.)  I think it was just a convention to use, as needed, in various scripts.

Devinoni

Report this Apr. 03 2013, 12:27 pm

I think there are several reference books containing some of these rules, but I don't think there is a single book with all of them in it.  (I'm not sure if there reallyis a complete list.)  I think it was just a convention to use, as needed, in various scripts.

Thank you miklamar, that is also what I was suspecting. However there have been so many Star Trek books published throughout the years that I thought it would be best to ask around.

Make it so.

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 03 2013, 10:42 pm

Rule One: No biting.

Rule Two: No gouging.

oops. Sorry. That's pankration. Oh well, I'm sure those rules work just as well in Starfleet.

j/k.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Devinoni

Report this Apr. 04 2013, 4:50 am

Pranktation: a martial art introduced into the Greek Olympic Games in 648 BC and founded as a blend of boxing and wrestling but with scarcely any rules. The only things not acceptable were biting and gouging of the opponent's eyes.

Make it so.

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 04 2013, 5:25 am

I heard once in an online doc with the actors and creators being interviewed, that they were always making them up as they went along; I have heard they have a great trek tech book for writers, but I heard a writer say "There's no big book on trek"