What point of having a 1-day "limited release" of a movie???

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 8:21 pm

The TNG movie seems specifically aimed to create desparity between fans, making some feel superior n' others deeply resentful.  If keep this up Trek may just see what developing world violent riot would be like if happen in USA, cus' that divide always preceed each major such event in those I study at monastery; so how this make fans happy?

Beershark

Report this Apr. 03 2013, 7:27 pm

WTF are you talking about? There is no MOVIE it is a screening of the TNG episode Best of Both Worlds in theaters. They've been doing this as a tie in with the release of the TNG seasons on Blu-ray.

And why are you talking about riots and violence? You study at a monastery and you propagate violence over a movie/tv show? I think you need help.

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 03 2013, 8:51 pm

http://www.startrek.com/article/the-best-of-both-worlds-in-theaters-april-25 you make to many assumptions, with to little info

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 03 2013, 8:53 pm

root of American-english word prejudice pre-judge definition of assumption pre-judge.

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 03 2013, 10:39 pm

Actually I think you'll find that Beershark is right. Best of Both Worlds is not a movie -- it was a double television episode that straddled the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4 of Next Generation. You can watch it any time you like if you have the relevant season disc sets.

As for why it is not showing outside America -- that's a matter for international distributors. Doubtless if they were to pick it up in another country, the American distributor would be only too happy to strike a deal!

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 03 2013, 11:34 pm

OtakuJo as quote state they refer to it as a movie and I did same, the question was not aimed at trying to show weather movie or not, but at why only 1 day and in select theaters.

On side note, why is it that every time I ever post anything U show up just to say u wrong in a belligerent and disrespectful tone, even when you answer have nothing at all to do with what said; I think there something deep inside you that require you attack others, I wish I was more confident that only place this come out be on this site, because in greater world this be bully, child abuse, racism, demeaning other girls at work or school, etc. when such personality show through.

I would like ask you to no more post on my sites, I heard someone say if put report this on enough posts they suspend account before reading and take weeks to months before restore depend on if protest; if you continue posting on my posts just to disagree with me one of 10,000 or so on site but u on everything I post, I will mark every one as report this and say your constant attacks = harassment

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 04 2013, 12:13 am

I have not ever once disrespected, attacked or bullied you, or even always disagreed, and I think if you really thought about it, you would realise that. You are always welcome to disagree with me as I am with you -- that is the basis of civilised debate. You want to make an enemy of me, then well... That's not going to happen because I don't feel like being anyone's enemy. Trying to make enemies is such a waste of time. If anything I have been remarkably tolerant of your unfounded insults.

But you have to allow for other people to disagree as well on occasion. I have done nothing on this thread except to answer your question: The reason it is one day and in selected theatres is because it is a novelty event, due to an agreement between the distributor and the cinema company that runs it. I doubt very much you will find anything in my posts that anyone else would view as harassment, but I'm not going to stop posting here -- and seriously, you have no more say on what or where I post than I do about you.

And that, my friend, is my final word on the matter.

And okay perhaps you might say "You're not my friend". Well, the fact is I'm not your enemy! I have no interest whatever in being anybody's enemy. So if that's what you're aiming for, give up now.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?