Is it worth it?

starfan97

Report this Mar. 29 2013, 9:03 am

Mitchz95

Report this Mar. 29 2013, 12:52 pm

DS9 is a great series, possibly my favorite of the bunch. It doesn't do a lot of exploring, but the characters and story arcs are top-notch. I highly recommend you give it a try.

Seasons 1-2 are a bit spotty, however. It doesn't hit its stride until seasons 3 onwards.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 29 2013, 12:55 pm

IMO, DS9 is the best of all the series.  Since they didn't just warp off to the next system each week, they had do a better job of developing storylines and characters.

username8434

Report this Mar. 29 2013, 2:40 pm

ds9 was more dark then the other episodes. more action, more killing. sisko is not your average captan  and the Definant is the strongest ship of all the tv shows

starfan97

Report this Mar. 30 2013, 7:50 am

Sounds good. I think ill watch it on youtube to see if i like it or not. I like it when people arent afraid to make something dark. I saw a clip where Sisko punched Q and that was pretty awesome. Something Picard would have never done.

Mitchz95

Report this Mar. 30 2013, 12:24 pm

Quote: starfan97 @ Mar. 30 2013, 7:50 am

>I saw a clip where Sisko punched Q and that was pretty awesome. Something Picard would have never done.

The first thing Q said afterward was "You hit me! Picard never hit me!"

Jim Kirk

Report this Mar. 31 2013, 12:59 pm

Take my advice for hyears I wouldnt give it the effort and looked down upon it.  But I finally bit the bullet picked up all the DVDs and watched it begining to end.  It's a great series (first two seasons were just OK but man did it pick up and get real good.  Is it the best series?  ......No I am sorry to all the DS9 lovers but it's real good not the best though.  To help you understand where I am coming from I rate the series as follows:

1) TOS

2) Voyager

3) Enterprise

4) DS9

5) TNG

6) TAS

IMHO

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

Sehlat123

Report this Mar. 31 2013, 1:47 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Mar. 30 2013, 12:24 pm

>The first thing Q said afterward was "You hit me! Picard never hit me!"

Actually, I believe it was "Jean-Luc never hit me!"

But on the subject, all the serieses were very good, and it's almost impossible to rate them, but DS9 is definitely worth your time.

"Borg. Sounds Swedish."

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 12:25 am

Quote: starfan97 @ Mar. 29 2013, 9:03 am

>Deep space nine is the only series i have never watched. Most people tell me that it is not worth my time and i should just stick with the other series. So Im asking: is Deep Space Nine any good?

You're asking this on a DS9 forum to a bunch of DS9 fans? lol. Well, that aside, it's definitely worth checking out. Seriously, if you do get the chance, check it out for yourself -- regardless of what other people say -- and then if it so happens you don't like it, at least you will know you gave it a shot. Speaking personally, I believe it is always important to see things for oneself and thus to develop your own opinions.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 7:25 am

starfan97 Think it is the very best series, n' by best I mean intelegent, complex, with realistic interpersonal relationships and problems; and they don't just have a halmark special episode about an issue n' then never deal with it again; it shows that issues take a long time to be resolved, and that every action one takes has consequences, that can last years, and not just happening again in 1 or 2 episodes in a few years, but actual show effects on every day life from the beginning to resolution; n' everyone I know who like say exact same thing about. No  lots of  and not just  with a sight of  to remind not all human; about 75% of station not human. There many Ferengi, Cardassians , Bajorans, some trill, occasional Vulcans, and all new aliens to; but good ones, not laughably bad ones like in voyager.

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 7:30 am

You can see the first season on regular Hulu for free, and if you have Hulu+ ($9/month) you can see all for free; also it is on 2-3 times a day if you have full satalite TV.

I'm a Dr. Not a Web account

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 7:35 am

Bit if U no like, that okay; if everyone alike, world be boring place; but it ussually best to see something for self and see for self than to listen to others, for then you may know what they like but not if you like, and that assume U understand and they know how to express and they be completely honest wifout ulterior motive

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 7:47 am

I'm a Dr. Not a Web account

Five Captains

Report this Apr. 06 2013, 7:37 pm

My two cents worth. Deep Space Nine was my favorite Star Trek series.

Ne vem

Report this Apr. 07 2013, 9:32 am

I used to feel the same way about Voyager and Enterprise.

I watched some of Voyager when I was a kid and I just remember this hippy alien [Neelix] telling bad jokes. I watched it again last year and it was...decent. Not brilliant, but the concept was enough to keep me there.

Enterprise on the other hand...I thought that was pretty good. Even the first season. If I'd listened to others, I would never have watched it.

DS9 is by far the best series, but as with every Trek series it's inconsistent. There will be things you like, things you don't. The character of Garak will be one you like. Vic Fontaine singing for half an episode will not.

But OtakuJo is right, just give it a shot, see what you think. The pilot alone is good enough to get your attention, I think.

Why does no-one in Trek make zines?

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam