Who was your favorite Trek friendship?

jackadon

Report this Mar. 27 2013, 1:47 pm

I'm gonna go with the friendship of Dr. Bashir and Miles O'Brien.

So many to choose from, though. I also like the Tom Paris/Harry Kim dynamic.

2takesfrakes

Report this Mar. 27 2013, 3:24 pm

Best Friends
With Benefits

hurtsdonut

Report this Mar. 28 2013, 2:56 pm

Kirk & Spock. Very much opposites but with high respect for each other. I would also agree with Jackadon that the interaction between Paris & Kim was a bright spot in the Voyager series.

starfan97

Report this Mar. 28 2013, 3:45 pm

I would have to say that the dynamic relationship between  Tom and B'Elanna was hilarious to me. Although I think the best Trek friendship was Kirk and Spock.

Purple_(TNG_VOY)_Trekkie

Report this Mar. 29 2013, 1:22 pm

My favourate trek relationship was Beverly and Deanna

Only a Sidekick

Report this Mar. 29 2013, 6:16 pm

Data and Geordi's is an intriguing friendship.  I think their friendship is the reason that Data could serve so well as Q's "professor of the Humanities" during Q's brief time as a mortal.

Y'gotta learn to play!

finka

Report this Mar. 30 2013, 4:00 am

I immediately thought of Data and Geordi. I loved how Geordi once said he considered Data more than a bunch of wires to which Data replied he considered Geordi more than a bunch of microcells  That's pretty amazing.

I also love the hard and rough friendship between Spock and McCoy. They argue often but they seem to enjoy it and, when it comes to serious matters, McCoy is willing to give up his life to save Spock (The Empath) and the other way around (All Our Yesterdays).

I would also call the relationship between Deanna and Will friendship. Strong and deep and lasting!

Blast your theories and observations!

Morosk

Report this Mar. 30 2013, 1:41 pm

leroybrock

Report this Mar. 30 2013, 7:45 pm

Dr Bashir & Garak.

I Am Ultra Narcissus.

miklamar

Report this Apr. 01 2013, 2:58 am

Quote: Morosk @ Mar. 30 2013, 1:41 pm

>Actually i think Kirk Spock and Bones had a very special relationship ..so i vote in this trio instead

I agree.  I thought other good friendships were Sisko and Jadzia Dax, and Geordi and Data.  A kind of friendship that was interesting--if you'd call it that--would be Quark and Garak.

Lang-haoLeeyoh

Report this Apr. 01 2013, 7:45 pm

Odo & Quark

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 12:04 am

I'd have to go with Bashir & O'Brien on this one. They don't seem to have had a single dud moment together -- and at times it was actually really funny.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

CountJohn

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 2:24 pm

It's still Kirk and Spock, which was pretty much the basis of a lot of the Star Trek friendships that came after it.

For romantic relationships, I'd honestly go with the short-lived Kirk/Yeoman Rand arc. Outside of season 3 in general, her getting axed/leaving the show (depending on what source you listen to) is my no. 1 TOS regret.

jackadon

Report this Apr. 14 2013, 8:19 am

Oh, how could I forget about Jake and Nog?