Are You Excited About 'Star Trek Into Darkness'?

Created by: Zaltar

Zaltar

Report this Mar. 25 2013, 1:28 pm

Are you excited about the new movie?

I have not seen any of the trailers.  All the info I have obtained is from TrekWeb and the various web sites.

"I am excited but I hope it's better than ST (2009)!"

"Truly, these times of ignorance GOD overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because HE has appointed a day on which HE will judge the world in righteousness by the MAN (LORD JESUS CHRIST) whom HE has ordained. HE has given assurance of this to all by raising HIM from the dead." [Acts 17:30-31] http://www.intouch.org/god

Mitchz95

Report this Mar. 25 2013, 1:53 pm

I am super excited! While it doesn't look like a "traditional" Trek movie, it does look like a great movie. I'll see it in the theatres for sure!

2takesfrakes

Report this Mar. 25 2013, 3:15 pm

INTO the DARKNESS looks good ... it looks REAL good!
The teasers have whet my appetite! How long must I
remain unfulfilled?!! The anticipation is palpable for
this sequel, is it not? Abrams, you've done it, again!

fireproof78

Report this Mar. 25 2013, 4:36 pm

I am very excited! I think this movie is shapping up to be better and will show something we haven't seen before!

T'Paul

Report this Mar. 25 2013, 7:52 pm

IamMrData

Report this Mar. 26 2013, 11:28 am

It will be my first Trek film in theaters so I'm very excited!

Make it so

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Mar. 26 2013, 3:34 pm

As long as It does not Paraphrase Khan TOO Much, It Will do well.

fireproof78

Report this Mar. 27 2013, 12:38 pm

Quote: T'Paul @ Mar. 25 2013, 7:52 pm

>The IDW prequel seems to indicate that "Into Darkness" has some promise. The basic story is cool, even if Abrams' universe is slightly nauseating, and it's pretty hard to not be excited to watch some new Star Trek at this point.

Nauseating?

He'sDeadJim6400

Report this Mar. 30 2013, 8:31 am

After ST (2009) I'm done with the JJ Prise..I'll stick to real Star Trek like TOS, TNG and DS9.

starfan97

Report this Mar. 30 2013, 12:45 pm

When I watch these JJ Abrams movies, I have to keep in mind that this is not the same Star trek that i originally came to love. This is totally different. When I see it from that perspective, it becomes a whole lot better to me.

When we look at it as and adventure with the original James T Kirk, I see them as so different its hard to compare. I think it is a great modern take on the series, but is by no means going to replace it.

Ashtimus_Prime

Report this Mar. 31 2013, 3:19 am

Absolutely not. Maybe if I wasn't a massive Trek nerd, I'd somehow enjoy the film for what it is - harmless action. But with the Star Trek name, it's an insult to everything I love.

golddragon71

Report this Mar. 31 2013, 9:33 pm

It's not part of the Poll , but I'll say this! I'm more excited to see Star Trek than I am to see G.I. Joe retaliation.

In Fact, I'm watching all the Classic Star Trek Episodes in Compendium order prior to it's release!

(I haven't watched any G.I Joe in the last Month!)

fireproof78

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 3:26 pm

New trailer out, but not a lot of new footage. However, it still gets me excited to see this film and find out more about John Harrison

Kornula

Report this Apr. 05 2013, 12:39 am

Khan is the villian?   How boring.