7 of 9 as a kid

lonstar70

Report this Mar. 21 2013, 8:19 am

Somewhere in Voyager, Seven's origin of being assimilated is shown. She and her parents go to study the Borg in some sort of shuttle. A few questions about this:

2- If they are in the Delta quadrant to study the Borg, how did they get there? I mean, look at the whole premise of Voyager. Voyager was flung 70,000 light years away TO the Delta quadrant, and it is supposed to take them decades to return. So how did Anikka and her parents make it to the Delta Quadrant in the first place so quickly in a little shuttle?

3- How stupid are they? They bring their little girl along on what I would consider to be the most dangerous mission possible.

Sehlat123

Report this Mar. 21 2013, 10:44 am

I've wondered about that a lot. It was never explained as far as I know.

I think that was explained in Dark Frontier. The Raven, their small research ship, followed a Borg Cube through a transwarp corridor to the delta quadrent.

Extremely stupid. I think Seven said they were "foolish" in an episode.

"Borg. Sounds Swedish."

Anime Odo

Report this Mar. 21 2013, 4:16 pm

My question: you don't like 7of9 do you?

"I don't believe in luck, but I appreciate the sentiment." - Odo

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Mar. 21 2013, 7:31 pm

Quote: lonstar70 @ Mar. 21 2013, 8:19 am

>1- Nobody knew anything about the Borg until Q threw the Enterprise into the Delta Quadrant. So, how and why are Seven's (Or Anikka's) parents out there to study the Borg, when they should not have even been reported yet by the Enterprise?

Do you remember Guian from the Enterprise D??

She and a group of her people were resecued by James T Kirk and the Enterprise B.Starfleet would have interviewed her and the other survivors, and ultimatly would have learned about the Borg 80 years before Picard encountered them.

What likely hasppened is that all info on the Borg would have been kept secret and the Hansens were part of a se;ect few that had any knowlidge of them.

They followed a Borg ship into a trans warp conduit.

agreed

Photobucket

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Mar. 21 2013, 7:34 pm

Quote: Anime Odo @ Mar. 21 2013, 4:16 pm

>In respose to the first statment: 7of9 was not assimilated that long ago (hense the use of the masseration chamber)

they stated 7 was assimulated at least 10 years before Picards encounter in system J25

Photobucket

lonstar70

Report this Mar. 22 2013, 2:18 am

Quote: Anime Odo @ Mar. 21 2013, 4:16 pm

>second statment: Borg use transwarp conduit to travel through quadrets 7 went with them-duh

>third statment:  7's parents believed that the borg only attack when provoked so they thought they where safe. Yes what her parents did was stupid, but if they did not follow the borg Voyager would have never met 7 of 9.

>My question: you don't like 7of9 do you?

Why do you have to insult me with "DUH"? Isn't that what the boards are for... to ask questions? I hope everyone else on here isn't as rude as you. Apparently if someone asks a question that YOU know, then the person asking the question is stupid.

And please don't assume things about me. Where did I say I didn't like 7 of 9? Where? Not once. If I didn't like her, I wouldn't be asking. Excuse me if I am not as knowledgable as you about the show. I hope you don't answer any more questions I have. I'd rather have freindly members explain things to me.