Like see some MACO in the future Star Terk movies.

Created by: Goldplanet

Goldplanet

Report this Feb. 10 2013, 8:44 pm

My personal view is love see MACO in future Star Terk movies.

Mitchz95

Report this Feb. 11 2013, 9:54 am

That said, an elite military division of Starfleet might work.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Feb. 11 2013, 12:02 pm

What Mitchz said. Either that or the MACO have now shifted to being a planetary (Earth) based military organization, as Starfleet is in charge of protection the UFP and it's members in space.

Goldplanet

Report this Feb. 12 2013, 4:39 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Feb. 11 2013, 9:54 am

>I think MACO was merged into Starfleet when the Federation was founded. Otherwise we would have seen MACO soldiers fighting the Klingons and the Dominion in DS9.

>That said, an elite military division of Starfleet might work.

Problem that arguement we never real get to see any case more useful then normal stander foot soldiers able did the job just effectively. They noraml do not cal thel Navy seals for the job stander foot soldier can do. MACO many ways like Navy seals. They design quick hunt run missons that require at team. Include anti hostage operations and carry quick hit and run missons. They train well hand to hand combat as well.

Gawain_VIII

Report this Feb. 13 2013, 10:10 am

I think this might work if the setting for the show were set in a period of open warfare, like the Earth-Romulan war or STO's Klingon/Borg/Undine 3-way war.  Having a war as simply a limited story-arc of a bigger story (as was the case in DS9) it would just serve to distract from the main characters (and DS9 had a large cast to begin with!)...

ROBERT CHARLES GRAHAM, Vice Admiral
U.S.S Gawain NCC-91980
Commanding Officer, Frontier Fleet
sto-frontier-fleet.proboards.com

Sehlat123

Report this Feb. 13 2013, 12:53 pm

We saw starfleet running security on earth in a bunch of episodes. Non Sequiter and Paradise lost, to name a few. No MACOs. I'm pretty sure they merged with starfleet when the UFP was formed. However, it would be cool for there to be an Enterprise movie. Then, there could be MACOs.

My personal view is love see MACO in future Star Terk movies.

Like to see MACO in the Star Terk movie

Not like to see MACO in Star Terk movies

You do know it's Star Trek, not Terk, right?

Vger23

Report this Feb. 14 2013, 9:30 am

Why does it matter? MACO was a small part of the least popular series in the franchise.

No thanks. I'd rather they focus on telling good stories and expanding on the nuCharacters, not introducing fanboy elements for no reason that will just end up being a distraction.

corndogs

Report this Feb. 15 2013, 2:43 pm

I agree with Mitch95.  An elite military "special Trek forces" would be wonderful.

Blockman

Report this Feb. 15 2013, 2:54 pm

I always thought MACO was something else. lol!

T'Paul

Report this Feb. 16 2013, 10:30 am

I like the idea of having a secret elite group of espionage commandos or the like. However I don't think MACO is the best direction to go in for that kind of thing.

I would rather see a secret team as such made up of many alien races, maybe even enemie races, each using their special traits somehow.

Stadard military shows bore me to death, partially because I've served in a military, but mostly, I think its sort of too "plane-Jane." You know, meat heads going around shouting orders at each other and blowing things up is typically what you get. So, I think you have to do something with more of a twist to it for it to be interesting enough to be worthwhile. Additionally, if it's a Trek show, I think you always have to accentuate the alien races/space exploration angle.

Users browsing this forum: King B IX