Biggest Star Trek: TNG Regret

joetro

Report this Feb. 08 2013, 9:48 am

Let me start by explaining that I'm a small time actor. I've done background work in a number of movies (including pain and gain coming this April) and dozens of dozens of television episodes. One show I work on a lot is The Glades.

Well, I got called to work on the season 4 episode 2 set of The Glades and the next day I got a call about a national baseball promo that ESPN was doing and they promised me a feature spot (More screen time, more money) but it was shooting on the same two nights that they needed me for The Glades. Having done the Glades a bunch of times, I turned it down and shot the baseball promo instead.

ugh. Big mistake.

It turns out that JONATHAN FRAKES was directing the episode I turned down. ARGGGGGH!!!!,! I could have worked alongside Commander Riker! WTF!? I'm so sad! I only found this out this morning. Both the baseball promo and the episode of the glades wrapped production last night. I totally missed an opportunity to work with number 1. More than missed it... I turned it down! Ugh! I want to do the last 48 hours over again please!

ok, I had to share this tragedy with people who might give a hoot. lol None of my friends are big Trekkers like me so they can't possibly understand my pain.

UninvitedGuest

Report this Feb. 08 2013, 5:30 pm

one trekie

Report this Feb. 26 2013, 8:06 am

chevron9phased

Report this Feb. 26 2013, 8:22 pm

Quote: UninvitedGuest @ Feb. 08 2013, 5:30 pm

>At least it didn't come even close to the greatness of being in an actual Star Trek episode/movie of some sort. Even as an extra. So don't feel too bad.

If presented with that opurtunity i would gladly accept.And my number one reason for wanting to atleast be an extra in a star trek series/movie. to put on the Uniform. That's just one of my weird things that i want to do. It's sorta like wanting to wear the jersey of your favorite sports team, and even better the same jersey that was worn by your favortie player. And yes i would wear the one that he played in and sweated in.

PS: if it was the same uniform that Johnathan Frakes wore and it was a hot day and it stank like him i would still wear it then frame it. (Everybody in the forum looks at this post and thinks WEIRD)

"birds of a feather"

2takesfrakes

Report this Mar. 31 2013, 3:33 pm

My biggest STAR TREK: TNG Regret is that there were only
7 (seven) Seasons on television. And a handfull of movies on
top of that is just not enough. I need more ... so much more ...
I cannot get enough of THE VERY BEST of STAR TREK ever made,
I'm sorry. I just can't! That is my only regret ...

miklamar

Report this Apr. 01 2013, 3:02 am

Quote: one trekie @ Feb. 26 2013, 8:06 am

>I guess my biggest star trek regret was not giving TNG a chance when it first aired.  I was young and a bit of TOS snobbery took hold.  My younger brother on the other hand prefered TNG to TOS.  I will pick up these seasons on DVD and give it its due respect.

I, too, didn't expect TNG to be so well-done.  I originally thought nothing could compare with the original.  But, when I watched it, I realized how wrong I had been!  TNG was so much better than TOS, in my opinion!

And, although I never really got into Voyager, that series presented so many technological advances I read about that I'm sorry I never saw more of those episodes.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Apr. 02 2013, 1:09 pm

I guess my Star Trek regret would be for not going to any Star Trek conventions

Master-Kat-Illusion

Report this May. 20 2013, 7:33 pm

I would have to say, not giving star trek a chance when I first heard of it when I was a bit younger. I 'm still young (highschool). but  I just saw a bunch of guys running around a ship, I didn't really understand the whole thing. Now I really love it!!

E!!i

Report this May. 21 2013, 4:00 am

My biggest regrets are that I didn't watch it earlier (started about 1 year ago) and about some years ago I didn't even know the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars (shame on me! ). And another regret is that I didn't watch the 2009er movie at the cinema cause back then I thought Star Trek is shit and only nerds watch it (shame on me again! )

bunkey

Report this May. 21 2013, 4:10 pm

That I didn't save all the cool TNG toys I had.

CountJohn

Report this May. 21 2013, 6:34 pm

Quote: bunkey @ May. 21 2013, 4:10 pm

>That I didn't save all the cool TNG toys I had.

I had action figures of the whole TOS and TNG crews. I wish I'd kept a few of them now. Now, a Kirk, Spock, Picard, or Data would look pretty good on the end of a bookshelf. Kids always want to get rid of all their toys when they reach a certain age to show everyone they're growing up.

bunkey

Report this May. 21 2013, 7:00 pm

Sadly I had to sell mine on eBay years ago when I was reaaaaally broke. I parted with a LOT of TOS and TNG stuff as well as DS9 due to a really hard time and gave up most of my original collection.  One of the biggest regrets was a DS9 commemorative premiere script that was signed by Berman and company. It was sold on QVC in line with the first episode.  It even had Bashir's first draft name (which I forget) in the script.  I sold it for maybe 30 dollars but I ate that week.  *sigh*

quantumstring12

Report this May. 21 2013, 9:05 pm

The only regrets I have with the show is that it was only 7 seasons, Generations was just awful, and that Robin Williams wasn't able to do the "Matter of Time" episode.