Least favorite character and Least favorite episode from Voyager.

Khaaan!!!!

Report this Jan. 25 2013, 11:28 am

Least favorite character was the Jar Jar of voyager himself....Neelix. i would like to give props to Ethan Phillips who is a fine actor though. also, least favorite episode is Tuvix.

Runner ups for me are Kes (who was still quite good), and Threshold(which was quite bad).

I felt that Chakotay was the least exploited character. They did not use that actor hardly at all. and I thought that the vidians (pretty sure i just mangled the spelling, the race that harvested organs) were the least exploited. I thought they were going to be a much bigger part of the show than they ended up being.

stunned4life

Report this Jan. 25 2013, 12:30 pm

Khaaan!!!!

Report this Jan. 25 2013, 2:10 pm

Quote: stunned4life @ Jan. 25 2013, 12:30 pm

>I didn't really like Kes and felt Neelix was being directed towards her a little to much. I understand they were together but he had his own little ship and was well travelled, always thought he was misused.

>I always wanted more for Chakotay. it didn't help that beltran was at odds with the writers from the start from what i read a while ago.

>the were some real clunker episodes early on I feel but its been so long I can't recall them. I should rewatch the show

I agree completely, That relationship always seemed weird since kes was kind of a child. Did not know that about beltran. makes sense, I would bet he got about as much screen time as naomi wildman some seasons.

Despite my criticisms, i would say voyager is definately worth a rewatch. unless you are a purist and want to see every episode in order of air date. I would skip around the first few seasons and then pick up at season 3 continuously. its flawed but good once you accept those flaws.

"Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing."

starfan97

Report this Mar. 24 2013, 12:25 pm

Neelix is kind of irritating. I think there could have been a lot more in the development in Kes had she stayed on the show

christina.miracle

Report this Mar. 24 2013, 4:13 pm

I love Neelix! I never cared for Kes or Tom. Kes' species was interesting but she wasn't most of the time. Tom just was a little awkward in my opinion. Least favorite episode...that's hard. I just started rewatching series and so far "The Chute" has been my least favorite.

Sophie74656

Report this Apr. 16 2013, 5:58 am

I thought Neelix was a great character. Sweet and caring and kind.

I didn't care very much for Harry and Kes. They both seemed to be just background characters mainly.

As for a least favorite episode, well that is hard to pick. I like them all in their own way, even Threshold. I would have to say one episode I didn't like as much was Cold Fire. I was dissapointed that after all the fuss to find the female Caretaker, she ended up to be a spoiled little girl. I think they could have done much more with the female Caretaker.

Ne vem

Report this Apr. 16 2013, 7:36 am

There were many bad episodes of Voyager, can't remember their names. The one where Chakotay boxes a phantom alien...

The episode that should've been a two-parter was: season 7 - The Void. The montage at the end of that episode was an embarrassment. Such a strong concept for an episode, they could have easily stretched it to 2 parts.

I agree, Neelix was the worst character. He wasn't funny, and I didn't buy his character background. What did Kes see in him?

Harry got better after a few seaons - in season 1 he was terrible, easily winning the Paul Walker award for wooden dialogue readings.

Why does no-one in Trek make zines?

Sophie74656

Report this Apr. 16 2013, 7:50 am

I liked the Void a lot. It was a great example of the principles of the federation, how they work together to accomplish their goals. I don't think it needed to be a two part episode. What montage are you referring to?

CountJohn

Report this Apr. 16 2013, 4:05 pm

It's a tough call between Neelix and B'elanna for least favorite character. B'elanna always came off like a whiney, 30-something YUPPIE imstead of the gruff half-klingon ex criminal the writers wanted her to seem like. I don't think Neelix needs to be explained.........

"Tuvix" has to be one of the all time low points for Star Trek.......

Holo

Report this Apr. 16 2013, 6:22 pm

Voyager had its share of stinkers, but the two I cannot stand are "Fair Haven" and "Spirit Folk."

So the captain is going to bed with a hologram. So what. She's not the first person to do so. In fact if holodecks actually existed, that'd probably be their primary use.

So the program is malfunctioning and the characters have become "aware" of the outside. Delete them and start over, no episode necessary.

As far as characters go, I'd have to say Kes. I loved the idea of her, and she seemed good in some episdoes, but most of the time Jennifer Lien seemed stoned.

m113a12

Report this Apr. 17 2013, 3:33 am

randy kerr

Report this Apr. 17 2013, 2:47 pm

they are all awesome.

Sehlat123

Report this Apr. 17 2013, 3:53 pm

I know a lot of people really like Kes, but I don't like her much. She wasn't that bad, though.

Least favorite episode? I agree Threshold or Tuvix. Threshold was, you know. And Tuvix could have been hilarious, but it didn't turn out well. That boxing episode was pretty bad too.

Cali-Kidd

Report this Apr. 17 2013, 4:38 pm

B'elanna was horrible!!! The constant attitude rubbed me the wrong way. I always wanted Seven of Nine to beat her down lol. Nelix was just annoying and Harry Kim was bad at first but got much better over the seasons. Everyone else did a pretty good job. Especially the Dr.

willowtree

Report this Apr. 22 2013, 5:58 am

Quote: m113a12 @ Apr. 17 2013, 3:33 am

>Are we able to label the entire series as one episode that was well, really terrible?  I found the characters to be very one dimensional when compared to the rich development found in TNG and DS9.

>The other issue I had with the episodes that despite having no supplies, reinforcements, the ship was nice and shiny and always well supplied!  As well there seemed to be no conflict between the crew.  Everyone was just happy working with a bunch of terrorists.  This could have been expanded on much more than the token few episodes.

>Then we move onto the issue of how "one" ship managed to defeat the Borg every single time in their own backyard.  The most feared alien race in the Star Trek Universe was portrayed as bumbling fools always managing to be foiled by that one little ship with no support.  WTF.

Voyager was constantly stopping and gathering food, trading with aliens, and they were growin their own food as well. In The Void one of the aliens was able to tripple how much their replicators make using less energy.

As for the borg, the only time voyager was able to best them was when they came across a small scout ship, or an already damaged and weakened ship. Or when they had assimilated crewmembers on the inside.

Users browsing this forum: DS9TREK, FleetAdmiral_BamBam