24th Century episode timeline: TNG-DS9-Voyager-Movies

spbeck42

Report this Jan. 17 2013, 1:54 pm

Has anyone ever put together a timeline of the 24th Century by EPISODE?  For instance, DS9 premiered halfway through TNG's 6th season, Voyager premiered during DS9's run and the TNG movies all came out during the DS9 and Voyager runs except Nemesis.  I figured with all 3 series currently on Netflix, it would be fun to watch all 3 modern Trek series "in order" as they were supposed to happen while watching the TNG movies wherever they fit in the chronology.  Has anyone out there compiled a list (a quick google search found nothing but a wiki page that shows which seasons overlap) or is my best bet to simply go by the original airdates of each ep and release dates of each movie?  Thanks

Lone Palm

Report this Jan. 17 2013, 3:24 pm

I compiled a list several years ago. I'll try to find it for you, but it might be a few days.

I remember DS9 was quite difficult, because many of the episodes didn't use Stardates. One particular example relates to the episodes "Siege of AR558" and "It's Only a Paper Moon". There was a mention that three months had passed between the episodes, yet only one episode ("Covenant") existed between the two.

Also, if you watch TOS in Stardate order, it puts Chekov on the Enterprise one week before Khan, thus explaining Khan's recognition of Chekov in ST:TWOK. Some stardates still overlap, but one could explain this with galactic time zones.

Sora

Report this Jan. 20 2013, 9:49 pm

But for watching the dvds, I watch the series together at the same time, but I just go disc by disc. For instance with TNG Season 7 and DS9 Season 2, I watch TNG disc 1, and then DS9 disc 1, and TNG disc 2 and then DS9 disc 2 and so forth, and just insert the films where they go. Generations is in Season 3 of DS9/Season 1 of Voyager. First Contact is Season 5 of DS9/Season 3 of Voyager. Insurrection is Season 7 of DS9/Season 5 of Voyager. Nemesis is after Voyager ends.

For watching on Netflix I would suggest the same type of thing. Go episode by episode, or watch 3 to 4 episodes of each and go back and forth. It will even out.

Mitchz95

Report this Jan. 21 2013, 3:02 pm

Quote: Sora @ Jan. 20 2013, 9:49 pm

>I ripped my entire dvd collection to my computer in my itunes library and put the whole franchise on my ipod, and I created a playlist that plays all the episodes and movies in the sequence they aired in.

You must have a LOT of storage space!

Sora

Report this Jan. 21 2013, 4:08 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Jan. 21 2013, 3:02 pm

Quote: Sora @ Jan. 20 2013, 9:49 pm

You must have a LOT of storage space!

lol Well I have a 1 TB harddrive I stored the files on, and I have the 160 GB iPod. But it really only holds 148 GB. Anyway it's not quite as bad as you might think, the whole franchise runs about 142 GB. So I was able to put every movie and every episode on it. It rocks. The quality isn't quite as good as the dvd itself, but the fact that I can carry every single episode ever with me in pocket on the go is pretty awesome.

Live Long and Prosper