Star Trek the Experience

SpaceRanger68

Report this Jan. 15 2013, 7:12 am

I was only able to visit the Experience once during the short time it was open. I thought it was an AWESOME attraction and was so very disappointed when it shut down. And I remember talk of it reopening at a new location in Vegas only to have my hopes smashed to later hear that it was not. I had also seen ads for a touring "museum" type attraction and have not been able to find out any more information about this tour. Can ANYONE send me any information or comments about any New Trek attractions opening in the US?

Thanks

"Lets make sure that history never forgets the name Enterprise!"

UninvitedGuest

Report this Jan. 15 2013, 8:21 am

I only went there once in 2002, and it was before the Borg Invasion 4D attraction was added unfortunately. Did you get to see that SpaceRanger?

SpaceRanger68

Report this Jan. 15 2013, 11:29 am

Yes I did and it was a fantastic ride. We went in 05 and  spent a long weekend ther. Got our pictures taken on the bridge, and had a wonderful time with intentions of returning again in the near future, but it was closed before we were able to return. A true fans "Mecca"

I find it hard to believe that it was not rebuilt.

"Lets make sure that history never forgets the name Enterprise!"

CaptainAixelsyd

Report this Jan. 15 2013, 12:30 pm

I just got back from Vegas last night and at the LVH (formerly Hilton) They still have a lot of the mock DS9 pieces that surround Quarks Bar.  It even has airlocks, bulkheads a DS9 schematic a dilithium chamber and warp core chamber.  Of course nothing is labeled as trek, it's now call "SpaceQuest Casino".  But if you know...it's still a moving experience to be there.

UninvitedGuest

Report this Jan. 15 2013, 1:01 pm

The Star Trek movie blu-ray set has a bunch of special-features on it from Star Trek: The Experience. It's shows the Borg Invasion 4D, but it cuts off right before the 3D movie part at the end. The other one where you go aboard the Enterprise-D cuts off right as the shuttle-craft ride is shown at the end.

stunned4life

Report this Jan. 22 2013, 12:50 pm

I do wish there was something somewhere now. they stopped that roving exhibit a couple years back and now nothing.

It's almost like a Hall of Fame for Trek that we need!

JoyJ

Report this Jan. 27 2013, 10:31 pm

Every once in a while I do an internet search to find out if they are ever reopening star trek the experience only to be disappointed. I rode the Klingon version years ago on a vegas trip with a friend who didnt want to ride it because she "hated" star trek. Even she had to admit it was fun. If there was ever someone to tell, I would suggest, they sell it to Disney or Universal or even add it as part of the Star Trek the Exhibition in Orlando.

Jim Kirk

Report this Jan. 28 2013, 6:45 am

There is a star trek exhibiton in Orlando????

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

JoyJ

Report this Jan. 28 2013, 10:27 am

Yes there is. It was at Kennedy space center for a while.  I am thinking about visiting this summer when I go to disney, if it doesnt leave. With all the memorabilia there, it would be the perfect place for "the experience"

corndogs

Report this Jan. 28 2013, 4:36 pm

I like stunnedforlife's idea for a Star Trek Hall of Fame-

SpaceRanger68

Report this Jan. 28 2013, 7:47 pm

Wow thanks! I never knew about the Kennedy Space center. My wife and I are already planning to fit it in on our next trip to WDW.

MarzeaKchaa

Report this Jan. 28 2013, 7:56 pm

I was visiting in-laws in Phoenix and got to go to the Hilton's Star Trek Experience. OMG it was the best thing I've ever seen! I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't had the honor of being scared straight out of their seats! I was so into the dialog, glued to the screen, that I actually thought I was there! It was awesome, recommended for even the mundanes!

Marzea K'chaa