The brewery is back

ranicand

Report this Jan. 14 2013, 7:55 am

Take a look at this from the new trailer.

The one thing I hated about the last movie is back.

This is clearly a brewery not a startship.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/1556n1t.png[/IMG]

powderedtoastman

Report this Jan. 18 2013, 7:04 am

Take a look at this from TOS.

This is clearly Leonard Nimoy with some rubber pointy ears and a silly haircut, not an extraterrestrial.

Take a look at this from TNG.

This is clearly a plastic tube with some neon lights in it not a warpcore.

What does the engine room of a "startship" look like anyway?

AtoZ2

Report this Jan. 18 2013, 3:17 pm

OMG!!!!

Time to sit in a warm bath of water, slit our wrist's and let the life just bleed out of us....

Eosphoros

Report this Jan. 27 2013, 2:51 am

Quote: ranicand @ Jan. 14 2013, 7:55 am

>Take a look at this from the new trailer.

>The one thing I hated about the last movie is back.

>This is clearly a brewery not a startship.

>[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/1556n1t.png[/IMG]

>http://oi48.tinypic.com/1556n1t.jpg

Unfortunately, charlatanism is strong with JJ. Even more so with his fans, as I can see. I miss the likes of Andy Probert, but Abramsites probably have no idea who he is. :/

wissa

Report this Jan. 27 2013, 9:05 am

I never liked the shiny blue tubes as an engine to be honest.  I like the grittier feel of the brewry and the mechanical look the engine room had on enterprise

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

leroybrock

Report this Jan. 29 2013, 3:05 pm

Oh Noes! Our imaginary device does not look exactly the way we want it to!

I wished Voyager had writers that weren't clearly drunk & delusional but I got over it. I'm certain you'll get though this too. And hey, if you can't they sell nice, strong lengths of rope just about everywhere.

Gawain_VIII

Report this Jan. 30 2013, 2:11 pm

As an electronics maintenance technician, I wouldn't mind a "less sterile" engineering section... ENT and TOS felt very apropriate to me.  TNG and VOY was too clean, IMO.  I don't know how many times I was working on my equipment, looked around, and could easily see myself on a ENT or TOS era engineering set.  The brewery, on the other hand... went too far in the other direction.  It's visibly identifiable to the casual viewer as a brewery.  It totally destroyed my suspension of disbelief.

ROBERT CHARLES GRAHAM, Vice Admiral
U.S.S Gawain NCC-91980
Commanding Officer, Frontier Fleet
sto-frontier-fleet.proboards.com

Beershark

Report this Jan. 30 2013, 7:35 pm

"What does the engine room of a "startship" look like anyway? "

I do not know what the engine room of a "starship" looks like, but I'm fairly certain it won't look like a brewery, or a water treatment plant, or that goofy old tube screen saver!

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

leroybrock

Report this Jan. 30 2013, 7:45 pm

I don't know what a not yet invented technology will look like either but as it hasn't yet been invented I don't know what it won't look like. At some point if you had told people that significant scientific discoveries would be made in a giant metal underground hulahoop shaped doohickey you'd be looked at in a funny way.

Is it any worse than having an engine room that looks like there is an antimatter reactor just sitting unreinforced and seemingly unprotected right next to everyone?

Beershark

Report this Jan. 31 2013, 9:24 am

The problem here is that it OBVIOUS. It's hard to suspend disbelief that way and that equals poor movie making.

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

leroybrock

Report this Jan. 31 2013, 10:16 am

Movies do lots of things that are technically obvious.

Star Trek II? How is it that they just blatantly didn't notice that a planet in Khan's solar system had gone missing and that the planet they landed in wasn't the one they thought it was? How did that conversation go?

Crewman: "Captain, we've reached the system."

Captain: "Excellent, what's on the sensors?"

Crewman: "It's missing a planet, there's an assload of debris and we think the planet we're looking for is this one that is in no way following the orbit that it should."

Captain: "Excellent, I won't inquire any further into any of that. Missing planets and wild orbit changes won't affect this scientific study. Anyone have anything to add?"

Chekhov: "I've conveniently forgotten that I was part of the bridge crew that marooned a genetically engineered lunatic in this very spot."

Captain: "And I'll conveniently forget that you said that. Let's go, it's time for the Captain to personally beam down into the hostile environment of a orbitally suspicious planet in a star system that's missing an entire world with no weapons or security detail in search of a completely unknown form of potentially dangerous life."

Chekhov: "Right away sir."

Users browsing this forum: DS9_FOREVER!