ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Watching Again

ichinyo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 9

Report this Jan. 14 2013, 4:56 am

There seems to be many wholes on the ST movie. 1, Kirk was on other ships in the original, I think he mentioned sewrving on other  ships. 2, Spock had a wife no one knew about. in "Amok Time" 3. Amanda didn't die till later on, Spocks father hadn't forgivrn him in a while, 4 Vulcan and Romulous exiksted even in next Genration shows ands Movies. 5 Uhura wasn't inlove with Spcok, Nurse Chapple was.


 


I wonder if we could get the producers to stop re-inventing Histoory? Sometimgs had to change nwith time, but we need competent writers and producers who know the show. 

wissa

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4031

Report this Jan. 14 2013, 7:12 am

hmmm guess you missed the part about the alternate time line and all. 


 


spock didn't have a beard like he did in Mirror Mirror either.


We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Jan. 14 2013, 8:13 pm

Somebody please shoot me. 


 


Whats with all the 1 and 2 post members all of a sudden? All seemingly contributing similar gems? It almost feels like someone playing a prank!


teh noo move makes no sense!!1! Velken never blowed up! Oohorah never loved Dr Spook! Checkoff not on teh ship until teh 2nd seezon! For gawd's sake, let's got sumwon ho no's something about Star Trak making these movies!!1!


 


 

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Jan. 15 2013, 7:42 am

LOL @ Vger.


I imagine some poor soul who is so distraught about ST09 that he's waging a cyber holy war to warn and convert the masses. He'll create a thousand accounts. He'll post on every ST board. He is the way from darkness!


It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

AtoZ2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1297

Report this Jan. 16 2013, 4:11 pm

Quote: wissa @ Jan. 14 2013, 7:12 am

>

>hmmm guess you missed the part about the alternate time line and all. 

>


Went clear over their head.


 


Just once I'd like to see one of these hit and run imposters really get some thing right to have a beef about.


"Thank Pitch Forks and Pointed Ears"

Blockman

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 520

Report this Jan. 17 2013, 3:44 am

Quote: AtoZ2 @ Jan. 16 2013, 4:11 pm

Quote: wissa @ Jan. 14 2013, 7:12 am

>

>

>hmmm guess you missed the part about the alternate time line and all. 

>

Went clear over their head.

 

Just once I'd like to see one of these hit and run imposters really get some thing right to have a beef about.


Annnnnnd.... He's back!


Told you. Can't stay away from here for longer than... how short was that? 5 months. lol


http://www.startrek.com/boards-topic/33377234/farewell-all


welcome back


 


It's amazing how all the other movies around here get bashed just the same, but it's always this one movie that gets the same people constantly worked up over its criticism. And it's probably coming from the same group of dual accounters who are working that criticism too. lol


I swear, I don't think some people around here would have any other reason to keep coming back if it wasn't for being able to constantly engage in the same debate over and over for 4+ years now. Think about it, you're validating their presence here everytime you "feed the trolls". They know they can't get your goat by bashing ST V, or something, so they go straight for ST09 because they know they can always get you there.


Oh well, I know it keeps me hanging around here to watch and enjoy the fireworks!


 


AtoZ2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1297

Report this Jan. 17 2013, 4:57 am

Quote: Blockman @ Jan. 17 2013, 3:44 am

Quote: AtoZ2 @ Jan. 16 2013, 4:11 pm

Quote: wissa @ Jan. 14 2013, 7:12 am

>

>

>

>hmmm guess you missed the part about the alternate time line and all. 

>

Went clear over their head.

 

Just once I'd like to see one of these hit and run imposters really get some thing right to have a beef about.

Annnnnnd.... He's back!

Told you. Can't stay away from here for longer than... how short was that? 5 months. lol

http://www.startrek.com/boards-topic/33377234/farewell-all

welcome back

 


As my favorite Captain said in Star Trek III: "I lied"



"Thank Pitch Forks and Pointed Ears"

stunned4life

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 181

Report this Jan. 31 2013, 1:57 pm

I thought it would actually mention  the acual plot holes in the movie not the explained alternate timeline. Which meand anything can happen now.

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Jan. 31 2013, 4:52 pm

Quote: ichinyo @ Jan. 14 2013, 4:56 am

>

>There seems to be many wholes on the ST movie. 1, Kirk was on other ships in the original, I think he mentioned sewrving on other  ships. 2, Spock had a wife no one knew about. in "Amok Time" 3. Amanda didn't die till later on, Spocks father hadn't forgivrn him in a while, 4 Vulcan and Romulous exiksted even in next Genration shows ands Movies. 5 Uhura wasn't inlove with Spcok, Nurse Chapple was.

>I wonder if we could get the producers to stop re-inventing Histoory? Sometimgs had to change nwith time, but we need competent writers and producers who know the show. 

>


the only holes seem to be in your viewing comprehension skills


1,Neros actions in the past lead to James Kirk living a different life in this new universe/timeline.His father was dead, he grew up differently and had a different track in getting to starfleet.


2, Spock had NO wife in "Amok Time" He was engaged to be married but was not yet.


3.We never learned how or if Amanda died, we can only assume that she did,. till I'm not shocked that Sarek canme to terms with Spocks after looseing his wife.


4 Romulous still exsists in this universe............for at leat an other 200 [or so] years to come.Vulcan was destroyed in the new universe thast was created.But its still in the old universe of TNG.


5 Uhura did indeded flirt with Spock in the originasl series, so who can say what could have become of that or how it all started out


I wonder if people would learn to first pay attention to what they watch before they go blaming the producers or making claims of incompetent writers


Photobucket

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Feb. 01 2013, 4:37 am

Point #1. Check under "Multiverse".


Point #2. Even if it weren't an alternate universe, Star Trek itself is full of plot holes. Just go with it.


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

He'sDeadJim6400

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 113

Report this Feb. 02 2013, 11:30 am

Captain Pike was suppose to be close to Kirk's age like in the "Menagerie pt-1", not old like Bruce Greenwood..It would had been nice to see Kirk serve on the Farragot like he's suppose instead of jumpimg from cadet to Captain in one day, and why was Nero wasting all those years waiting for Spock ?.. JJ Abram's may had good intentions but this movie just dosen't feel like real Trek.  


Greatness comes to those who really want to do anything to get it.

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 02 2013, 11:53 am

Quote: He'sDeadJim6400 @ Feb. 02 2013, 11:30 am

>

>Captain Pike was suppose to be close to Kirk's age like in the "Menagerie pt-1", not old like Bruce Greenwood..It would had been nice to see Kirk serve on the Farragot like he's suppose instead of jumpimg from cadet to Captain in one day, and why was Nero wasting all those years waiting for Spock ?.. JJ Abram's may had good intentions but this movie just dosen't feel like real Trek.  

>


wow, you Fail again.


In the "Menagerie pt-1" Pike was about at least 11 years older then Kirk, but thast was considered "close".


According to the writers.......Bruce Greenwood's chasracter was near 12 to 15 years older then Kirk.


JJ's Kirk had the rank of a lieutenant threw out the film.It might serve you well to pay attention to whats seen and said in the film before you go complaining.


And Nero was locked away in a klingon prision all those years.......so again, PAY ATTENTION to the film


Photobucket

ohio31392

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7

Report this Feb. 02 2013, 11:35 pm

I know many other people have said this, but I feel the need to reinforce the message to this poster that it occurs in an ALTERNATE TIMELINE. The multiverse is not that difficult of a concept to grasp. Hop on wikipedia and check it out.

Kaleb The Guy

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7

Report this Feb. 03 2013, 1:34 am

Isn't that part of the charm of making sim-off movies? Being able to point out plot holes. Anyway what I'm trying to say is, Star Trek is a powerful and ever expansive universe. With 6 T.V. Serials, 11 movies (with a 12th coming out) and countless video games and merchandise you cannot expect full consistensy. Not even the makers of of these countless hours of amazing entertainment be super enough to know and account for everything. If they did, well then, why am i replying to this message


 


Kaleb The Guy, Star Trek fan with an obsession

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum