Strangest/trippiest star trek episode

nicob17

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 9:15 pm

How is it going star trek community? I was wondering which episode you guys thing is the strangest/trippiest. I thing the thaw on voyager is pretty weird.

Lannister

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 9:35 pm

I would have to say Masks is the goofiest episode ever for me. After seeing this episode atleast three times. I still don't know what to think of it.

Per series:

TNG - Masks

DS9 - Move Along Home

VOY - I agree with you on the Thaw. This episode is very close to being more trippy than Masks. Out of all the episodes I listed, I liked the Thaw the best.

TOS - The Way To Eden

D. Cottingham

Report this Jan. 06 2013, 11:37 am

I also agree on Thaw for sure.

UninvitedGuest

Report this Jan. 06 2013, 3:33 pm

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is the most trippy movie by far. It copied "2001:A Space Odyssey" in a lot of ways, and that movie was intentionally designed for hippies to watch while on drugs. lol

juliansgirl8

Report this Jan. 09 2013, 11:02 am

If I had the episode name wrong, whoops I'm sorry but whatever the name, that plot is the trippiest to me!

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

Sehlat123

Report this Jan. 09 2013, 12:49 pm

Quote: juliansgirl8 @ Jan. 09 2013, 11:02 am

>For TNG, I would have said "Schisms" That's the one with an old-fashioned telephone ringing inside Data's chest and people drinking out of other people's heads with straws, isn't it?  Can't get any trippier than that!

TNG - Yep, Schisms was the trippiest to me, closely followed by "Masks."

DS9 - Move Along Home

VOY - Yeah, The Thaw was strange Threshold too, I mean people turning into salamanders?

ENT - A night in sickbay

TOS has so many strange episodes it's hard to pick just one!

"Borg. Sounds Swedish."

corndogs

Report this Jan. 09 2013, 5:29 pm

The trippiest is when Tripp, from Enterprise, got pregnant.

kkt

Report this Jan. 10 2013, 11:44 pm

Spectre of the Gun.  Very strange episode.

juliansgirl8

Report this Jan. 11 2013, 4:54 pm

"The episode where Troi was a cake."

One of the Writers must have watched that Tom Petty video "Don't Come Around Here No More"

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 11 2013, 6:30 pm

Phantasms (TNG)

Future Tense (Enterprise)

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

SpaceRanger68

Report this Jan. 15 2013, 5:58 pm

Thaw is trippy but I would consider "Course Oblivion" a tie if not worse to me.

Masks for sure on TNG. WOW what can ya say about that one.

Move along home for DS9? I would have to give that one to: Things Past. Trippy and some what pointless to me

TOS: Shorleave

"Lets make sure that history never forgets the name Enterprise!"

miklamar

Report this Jan. 18 2013, 3:38 am

What's the episode where you only saw the eyes of that "omnipotent" being who was examining the crew?  That was freaky.

And Cake Deanna was freaky, too!

SpaceRanger68

Report this Jan. 19 2013, 4:04 am

The name of that episode is: Where silence has lease. season 2

silvik123

Report this Jan. 27 2013, 10:28 am

There sure are quite a bit of trippy episodes for TOS but I say And the Children Shall Lead takes the cake.

For TNG Sub rosa is quite trippy (unfortunately Beverly often had crappy episodes). However I think Justice is quite trippy with those nearly naked people running about

I agree with Move Along Home for DS9