The Future Development of TNG

The Last Enterprise

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 1:31 am

I think that there is possibilities for the Next Generation to develop with TOS now. It's good chance. The actors group are old such as Sir Patrick Stewart O.B.E and Mr. Brent Spinner. I think it will be fascinating if the alternated TOS timeline gets an intersection with the 2360s or 2370s and they meet the crew of a new constructed Enterprise-D or E.

Also, I think that releasing new books will be useful because TNG contains psychological, philosophical and diplomatic knowledge. Reading will get a better impact.

UninvitedGuest

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 5:09 am

DS9 and Voyager take place at roughly the same time as TNG, so it's the same difference. Those two shows never had movies obviously either, so they deserve something new especially DS9.

The Last Enterprise

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 5:39 am

[quote]

[/quote]

Well, it's alright. But I think TNG is more popular. I think the first one in these that need help the most is TNG. We might as well do something for it first, then VOY and DS9.

Bless the Enterprise

Vger23

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 8:18 am

UninvitedGuest

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 2:13 pm

The Last Enterprise

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 3:16 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Jan. 05 2013, 8:18 am

>I don't think you're ever going to see anything more of TNG other than novels and comics. It was a great show, and it allowed Star Trek to continue on into the 90's and beyond...but it's not going to be "re-booted" or "re-imagined."

>The awkwardness of re-doing a series that, qite frankly, is itself a re-make of sorts itself will keep that from happening.

Well, like some of the old fans who just like TOS, maybe these things are really causing the dislike from somebody. I think it is not just re-doing. The alternated TOS got more young people's comprehesion of the future. The world's philosophy is changing all the time and this is a new generation. Young people should have their own chance to express their thoughts.

Bless the Enterprise

The Last Enterprise

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 3:17 pm

Quote: UninvitedGuest @ Jan. 05 2013, 2:13 pm

>Characters from TNG, DS9, or Voyager will likely make guest appearances in future Star Trek shows or movies though.

That will be fun.

Bless the Enterprise

Vger23

Report this Jan. 05 2013, 7:50 pm

Quote: The Last Enterprise @ Jan. 05 2013, 3:17 pm

Quote: UninvitedGuest @ Jan. 05 2013, 2:13 pm

That will be fun.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

The Last Enterprise

Report this Jan. 06 2013, 12:41 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Jan. 05 2013, 7:50 pm

>I disagree. That kind of crossover stuff is more geared toward fanboy crapola and not really about making a good story.

Maybe you're right. But I really think that TNG, DS9 and VOY will be able to get a chance when they're not just making heroes or idols like a legendary Kirk anymore. But you know things like VOY, they got back to earth in the end of the TV series. And the question come up with "What happened with the Voyager later?". Just like what they did in the seventh movie, Star Trek: Generations. It gave the  Enterprise-D an end, even though it was not so good. I do really think that a meaningful starship like the Voyager should have a peaceful end and be remembered for ever. Also, the Enterprise-E deserves a good result. But no one has sent them onto the screen.

Bless the Enterprise

UninvitedGuest

Report this Jan. 06 2013, 4:34 am

The Last Enterprise

Report this Jan. 06 2013, 5:09 am

Quote: UninvitedGuest @ Jan. 06 2013, 4:34 am

>At least they showed what became of Captain Janeway on Star Trek:Nemesis(promoted to admiral). It's weird how none of the DS9 characters were ever shown again except Worf which doesn't count. lol

Aha. Well, Captain Janeway was certainly promoted to be an admiral, but the thing I pay attention to is the later experience of the Voyager. It's just like the famous saying of "these are the voyages of the starship Enterprise". So I'm looking forward to the ends of those famous vessels.

Bless the Enterprise

stunned4life

Report this Jan. 22 2013, 12:29 pm

Well i'd love to see a crossover show or movie with any of those series. Problem is the movies will never go back to prime timeline. The next show will be set in the new timeline and if its not i'll eat my shoe. they will try to make it for a younger crowd...and some old trek fans that they know will watch it. Some won't but they don't care about that.

I'm a TNG guy but I'm open to the new trek movies and want a new show. As Trek evolves I do as well and will accept the change. I think that the 24th century would agree. i do miss the prime timeline though.

as for the ends of the ships i agree i'd like to know.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam