Worst Christmas/Holiday Song of All Time

Created by: trekhed68

trekhed68

Report this Dec. 12 2012, 1:46 pm

Happy Holidays, fellow Trekkers! Since someone has already jumped on the holiday poll bandwagon with a "best Christmas song" poll, I thought I would take a different tack with a "worst song" poll. I've compiled a list of nine songs, and left an open slot for "other" so you can cast a write-in vote for worst song. Happy Holidays!

"Those who would sacrifice essential Liberty in order to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Beershark

Report this Dec. 12 2012, 5:11 pm

Grandma? The freakin' song writer should have been run over by that freakin reigndeer!

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

Jim Kirk

Report this Dec. 12 2012, 6:16 pm

I really want to hit "All Of The Above".

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

trekhed68

Report this Dec. 13 2012, 8:58 am

Quote: Jim Kirk @ Dec. 12 2012, 6:16 pm

>I really want to hit "All Of The Above".

Yeah, they're all pretty bad...but for me the worst of the bunch is still "Do They Know It's Christmastime?" The whiny voices, the condescending lyrics...this one makes me want to throw my radio through the nearest window every time it comes on...

wissa

Report this Dec. 13 2012, 9:27 am

you are all so wrong.  The worst christmas song ever is that one about christmas shoes.  Where the woman is dying and her kids are out buying her shoes.  Cause dead people like to have good shoes.  And a dying woman would probably prefer her kids be out looking for them then spending time with her

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

OtakuJo

Report this Dec. 13 2012, 8:03 pm

Really depends who does it a lot of the time. I can't really think of a "worst" Christmas song right now, but it does get irritating to hear so many songs playing xmas muzak on a loop.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Mitchz95

Report this Dec. 14 2012, 10:12 am

"Have a Holly Jolly Christmas"/"All I want for Christmas is You" tie.

miklamar

Report this Dec. 14 2012, 1:20 pm

I think "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" is the worst holiday song ever written.  Some members of my family like it, but my mother--our "Grandmother" in the group--does not like it one bit.

I like "Holly Jolly Christmas" and the other songs from Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer special.

juliansgirl7

Report this Dec. 15 2012, 7:31 am

I actually like most of the songs on that list.

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

trekhed68

Report this Dec. 15 2012, 8:30 am

Quote: juliansgirl7 @ Dec. 15 2012, 7:31 am

>I actually like most of the songs on that list.

>My LEAST favorite Christmas song is "The Christmas Song(Chestnuts Roasting on an open Fire) BORING! Followed by "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas(except Judy Garland's version) and finally "Baby, It's Cold Outside"

I actually like "The Christmas Song" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." It's funny you should bring up "Baby, It's Cold Outside." There was an interesting article about this song recently at Salon. The author of the piece described it as a "date-rape anthem." That may be a little harsh, and of course the song does have its' defenders. But I must admit that once I sat down and actually listened to the lyrics, visualizing the situation made me a bit uncomfortable. This one definitely deserves a place on the all-time worst list.

Guys, don't forget--if voting for a song that's not on the list please select "other" in the voting section. Thanks!

3 of 12

Report this Dec. 17 2012, 9:21 am

Dominick the donkey!

Dominick The Donkey
By: Lou Monte

Chorus)- Ay, Jing-a-di-jing hee haw hee haw
It's Dominick the Donkey.
jing-a-di-jing hee haw hee haw.
De Italian Christmas Donkey.
Lalalalalalalalala. lalalalalaladidooda.

Santa's got a little friend his name is Dominick.
The cutest little donkey, you never see him kick.
When Santa vists his Paesans with Dominick he'll be.
Because the reindeer cannot climb the hills of Italy.

(Chorus)

Jingle Bells around his feet and presents on da sled.
Hey look at da mayors derby, on top of Dominicks head.
A pair of shoes for Louis and a dress for Josephine.
Da label on de inside says dare made in Brook-a-lee.

(Chorus)

Children sing and clap dare hands and Dominick starts ta dance.
Dey talk Italian to him and he even understands

Mitchz95

Report this Dec. 17 2012, 9:26 am

Quote: 3 of 12 @ Dec. 17 2012, 9:21 am

>Dominick the donkey!

That one's my favorite!

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Dec. 17 2012, 12:46 pm

My least favorite is the Feliz Navidad one where they sing the same stuff over and over and over....

followed closely by the "Grandma got run over by a reindeer"

corndogs

Report this Dec. 17 2012, 5:10 pm

I'm not a fan of the hippo Christmas song.

Kira Nerys

Report this Dec. 18 2012, 5:35 am

I seem to be a very lucky person because I really know only one of those songs...