Nods aplenty in new 9 Min Prologue!!!!

Blockman

Report this Dec. 10 2012, 8:57 pm

There's lines, characters, dialogue!!! Trust me, if ever there was a time to do Khan and Shatner it's now!

The 9 Mins are being shown in IMAXs, the red alien world is the intro along with Cumberbatch in London.

I wont say any more, but if you loved wiz kid Chekov, he's in it with fitting lines and dialogue, back with Simon Pegg as comic relief complaining about his ship/engines.

Go see it.

Cumberbatches character is not revealed yet

Blockman

Report this Dec. 12 2012, 3:18 am

Apparently the red planet they're on is also a nod to interpretations of the '2012' prophecy (Planet X) (Nibiru)

Vger23

Report this Dec. 16 2012, 9:19 am

Has anyone else seen this? I'd love to hear some thoughts and impressions from those who have gone.

serenityncc880

Report this Dec. 17 2012, 8:53 am

I'm fairly noob status in star trek but I noticed the (preview spoilers) 'needs of the many' line and the clip where we see kirk and spock's hand on the glass. I also have a question. Is the opening scene with the parents and the girl on planet earth? I thought earth was a utopia and sickness didnt really exist anymore

Vger23

Report this Dec. 17 2012, 9:03 am

Earth was only a Utopia in Roddenberry's post-TOS mind when his "vision" became more important than creating an entertaining product.

There are always diseases...otherwise there wouldn't be doctors on the show.

McCoy's dad dies of a horrible disease (Star Trek V). Picard had some syndrome that made his hearing too intense to bear (Star Trek Nemesis)...the list goes on.

Treknoir

Report this Dec. 17 2012, 3:06 pm

Earth was a "utopia" in that humans stopped warring with each other and unified for the good of mankind. And first contact with the Vulcans (and eventually other species) also helped to accelerate technological development and environmental stewardship. Sadly, death and disease were still an issue.

Transporter Accident

Report this Dec. 18 2012, 5:43 pm

My big question is: why is the Enterprise under water?  If this society is at the technology level of spear-throwing, they're not going to see it in orbit, and thus will not be contaminated.  I don't get it.