interesting architectural dream

miklamar

Report this Nov. 30 2012, 6:05 am

I had a dream this week about an unusual design for a house.  It was shaped like a drop of water, like the onion-domes of the churches in the Kremlin.

The building was like a Colonial inn:  a wooden two-storey house.  The roof came to a point in its center, where an elevator opened onto a spiral staircase.

The staircase was exterior, spiraling around the outside of the house and connecting with the balcony on the second floor.  Then, on the other side, it spiraled around the back of the house and ended at the end of the front porch on the ground floor.  So, you could take the elevator to the roof, then walk down the spiral staircase to the front door, around the outside of the house.

Normally, I think clockwise is down and counterclockwise is up.  But, in my dream, this spiral staircase went down clockwise.  Perhaps it was a mirror image, or something.

K_tigress

Report this Nov. 30 2012, 9:00 pm

Oh those are nice dreams. I had a similar dream years ago several times of this really beautiful house. I guess you can call it my dream house. It had an indoor pool on the main floor and near that would be the large windows and large sliding patio doors which can be folded open so that you can have an indoor outdoor living space which leads to a deck to the back yard. I really didn’t focus too much on the backyard in this dream but I suspect that it had a nice white beach shore in the distance with palm trees and the whole bit. But above the indoor pool and on the second floor was the living room with all the usual stuff but it sat on this indoor balcony structure. The balcony barrier was made either of clear molded glass or acrylic so that you can look down at the pool or look out at the back yard. It had this nice open concept thing going on. The balcony went all around to the other side of the room that leads to that back yard as well. It then had this back door an upper floor deck type of thing and a set of stairs leading down to the lower deck that leads to the back yard. Near the living room I remember there was a library with many books and over all on the second floor were some nice bed rooms I think about 3 or four of them and to decent large and full bathrooms that included a world pool in ground tub and a small balcony. On the first floor near the pool area there was this really nice kitchen and the floors were made out of cut stone. The floors had to have been there for a while since they had a worn out sheen to them just like in some old palaces in Europe. The rest of the house my memory is a bit fuzzy but I’m sure it had other interesting rooms, some secret and a nice basement.  Oh yeah it would definitely have one of those European style roofs made out of those red ceramic roof tiles.
Going to have to draw this some day. Would be equally cool if I can get some kind of 3D software and make a CG rendered illustration with possible walk though.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

miklamar

Report this Dec. 03 2012, 12:15 pm

Cool dream!  You should be an architect, K tigress, if you are not one, already!

K_tigress

Report this Dec. 05 2012, 8:47 pm

Thanks for the nice thoughts and comments. But nope, not an architect. Just an illustrator and designer with some animation experience. But my former best friend has a freelance career in that. He’s quite good at that sort of thing. He’s currently in charge of renovating this old church here in our city. Definitely his thing. Me I’d probably get bored just illustrating buildings. I have to draw other things especially made up biologicals.

miklamar

Report this Dec. 07 2012, 12:10 pm

Your first dream reminded me of my favorite residence:  The Razor's Edge in La Jolla, California:

K_tigress

Report this Dec. 07 2012, 8:28 pm

Ooo that is nice.
But it needs a few house plants.

Thanks for sharing.

Users browsing this forum: miklamar