Star Trek Into Darkness - Plot Synopsis

Mitchz95

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 10:07 am

Paramount have released the official plot synopsis for Star Trek Into Darkness. Scroll down to read.

“In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organisation has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.

As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.”

Discuss!

Vger23

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 10:26 am

Sounds pretty good. It certainly confirms some of the Joseph Conrad parallells that were being drawn after the title was revealed.

I'm sure there will be the typical outcry of "this isn't Star Trek blah blah blah" but, I think this kind of story has the potential for being the same kind of intense, emotional drama that I particularly enjoy about the franchise.

I for one am glad it's not going to be about something typically Trek (exploring a planet, doing something diplomatic, etc). The best films have all been thrilling adventure rides. I like that.

Blockman

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 2:24 pm

Starfleet went against their prime directive and unthawed the Eugenically enhanced Khan, who soon after ran amok and unknowingly killed off members from Kirks family?

either way, OHHHHHHH BAABBBBYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 3:11 pm

kendallbyrd

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 3:25 pm

Detonate the fleet? Typo maybe?

Vger23

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 4:48 pm

Quote: MoppyCGDaniels @ Nov. 27 2012, 3:11 pm

>Now that it's official what the movie is about I just have to add the first trailer makes yet sense. From my side concluding to the villan Cumberbatch is representing it has to be someone who tries to launch this "one man mass destruction weapon", which Kirk & his crew are obviously going to prevent.

I don't think the reference to "weapon of mass distruction" is referencing any weapon at all. The phrase "one man weapon of mass distruction" means that the man himself is a weapon.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Vger23

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 4:52 pm

Quote: kendallbyrd @ Nov. 27 2012, 3:25 pm

>Detonate the fleet? Typo maybe?

It may be...or it may just be a bad choice of words. I'm not so sure it refers specifically to "the fleet" meaning a multitude of ships...but more "the fleet" meaning Starfleet as an organization. I say that because the full quote is "detonated the fleet and everything it stands for." Since a fleet of ships can't "stand for something," but the organization of Starfleet certainly CAN...I think it's more metaphorical!

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Blockman

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 7:48 pm

I can see a "one man weapon of destruction" "detonating" a fleet.

james.andrysik

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 7:58 pm

So does it sound like they are going to kill off Kirk's brother?

"With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt..."

"...the only family Kirk has left: his crew."

Kirk's brother George Samuel Kirk was killed off in the original series, and they showed him in the new movie as the kid walking down the road when Kirk steals the car.
Hmm... just a thought...

Skyjammer0

Report this Nov. 28 2012, 2:41 am

Mitchell! Mitchell! Mitchell!

(hope so!)

Mitchz95

Report this Nov. 28 2012, 5:21 am

DS9_FOREVER!

Report this Nov. 28 2012, 8:05 am

Quote: Blockman @ Nov. 27 2012, 7:48 pm

>I can see a "one man weapon of destruction" "detonating" a fleet.

Yeah, if they are huddled around him

I just found this great Star Trek MB!!  photo ac1685424929087bf1b7e7e0d734f861.jpg

guillermo.mejía

Report this Nov. 28 2012, 11:02 am

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Nov. 28 2012, 5:21 am

>I don't think it's going to be Gary Mitchell. IDW already released a comic about that episode, and I don't think they'd do a movie as well.

I'm not sure just how bound they plan to be by the comics. The only issue I think will really have weight will be the prequel story that will come out next year.

Blockman

Report this Nov. 28 2012, 1:06 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Nov. 28 2012, 8:21 am

"I don't think it's going to be Gary Mitchell. IDW already released a comic about that episode, and I don't think they'd do a movie as well."

----------

You're a smart cookie. There's a lot of things JJ has done (and not done!) that has further lead me to believe that all the dots have pointed to Khan!

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Nov. 28 2012, 4:14 pm

Almost sounds Original Enough. However, Let's Cool it On the Khan Speculation. I Seriously Don't Think they Can make Him Any Better.

Users browsing this forum: sonofspock1