Major Star Trek Into Darkness News

Vger23

Report this Nov. 15 2012, 6:07 am

Major announcement made on the STID front today:

press release

WORLD PREMIERE EXTENDED PREVIEW OF J. J. ABRAMS’ "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" TO DEBUT IN IMAX 3D ON DECEMBER 14th

THE FIRST 9-MINUTES FROM THE ANTICIPATED SEQUEL WILL BE RELEASED EXCLUSIVELY IN DIGITAL IMAX 3D THEATRES WORLDWIDE

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 14, 2012) – Paramount Pictures will release the first 9-minutes from J.J. Abrams’ eagerly-awaited “STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS” exclusively in IMAX 3D months prior to the film’s official release in May 2013. This first-look at the movie will play in approximately 500 digital IMAX 3D theatres beginning December 14th.

“STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS,” the sequel to Abrams’ 2009 hit film that redefined the Star Trek universe for a new generation, marks the first time exclusive footage has played in IMAX 3D and only the third time a first-look will be released in IMAX.

“Our longtime partners J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk and the Bad Robot team have really hit it out of the park – the footage is absolutely incredible," said Greg Foster, Chairman and President, IMAX Filmed Entertainment. “Their use of the IMAX® Camera and canvas is sure to impress current and future Star Trek fans alike, and we’re thrilled to once again work with our friends at Paramount Pictures to offer this extended ‘first look’ at this highly anticipated summer blockbuster.”

To further the IMAX experience, “STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS” used IMAX cameras to capture several sequences. Exclusively in IMAX theaters, sequences filmed with the extremely high-resolution cameras will expand to fill more of the screen with unprecedented crispness and clarity, putting moviegoers right into the explosive action and vast scope of the film.

“STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS” is written by Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and directed by J.J. Abrams. Abrams is producing with Bryan Burk through Bad Robot Productions, along with Lindelof, Kurtzman and Orci.

corndogs

Report this Nov. 15 2012, 8:52 am

SWEET!!

Vger23

Report this Nov. 15 2012, 5:39 pm

Wow.

padracin

Report this Nov. 16 2012, 11:31 am

Thanks for the news Vger - its incredible.

Does that mean that folks who go to see the Hobbit in 3-D (I think 12/14 is when it opens) will see 9 minutes of the next ST movie in the promos?  What a holiday we're going to have.

Blockman

Report this Nov. 16 2012, 8:35 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Nov. 15 2012, 8:39 pm

"Do you know how you can tell that this message board is a total DUD? There's actually more people interested in playing the idiotic "A-Z of TNG" games and contributing to the "President Obama Appreciation Thread" than there are people intersted in the biggest news about the next movie since we got the new title."

------------

Yeah, little reason to put too much stock into this site. Nothing ever really worthwhile here, as usual of course. lol. First time I heard about this was late Weds night on imdb.com. STs mainsite didn't even have this up for about a day. And it was MTV of all places that had the set pics awhile back too.

Mitchz95

Report this Nov. 16 2012, 9:09 pm

Intriguing, though I'd much rather a proper trailer.

Vger23

Report this Nov. 16 2012, 9:18 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Nov. 16 2012, 9:09 pm

>Intriguing, though I'd much rather a proper trailer.

The regular trailer also premiers on Dec 14.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Mitchz95

Report this Nov. 17 2012, 8:37 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Nov. 16 2012, 9:18 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Nov. 16 2012, 9:09 pm

>Intriguing, though I'd much rather a proper trailer.

The regular trailer also premiers on Dec 14.

Excellent!

Treknoir

Report this Dec. 02 2012, 6:01 pm

This is the only reason I'm coughing up dough to see The Hobbit in IMAX.

Vger23

Report this Dec. 02 2012, 7:27 pm

Quote: Treknoir @ Dec. 02 2012, 6:01 pm

>This is the only reason I'm coughing up dough to see The Hobbit in IMAX.

Even this isn't enough to get me to go. I am completely indifferent about LOTR type stuff. It's just not my thing. I could care less.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Blockman

Report this Dec. 03 2012, 3:09 am

It'll hit sooner than that I'm sure too (news about what's in the trailer). There's probably some kid down in Australia or a reporter who's going to get a first look at it and upload it well before Dec 14th.

Treknoir

Report this Dec. 03 2012, 11:48 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Dec. 02 2012, 7:27 pm

Quote: Treknoir @ Dec. 02 2012, 6:01 pm

LOL I'm a Chronicles of Narnia girl myself. Never could get into LOTR but my older brothers loved the animated version from the late 70s.

Vger23

Report this Dec. 08 2012, 6:52 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>I have no interest in "The Hobbit" so I'll wait until it's out on Trekmovie or YouTube.

I also have no interest in "The Hobbit," (swords and wizzards and dragons just aren't my thing), but more importantly...I don't want to watch the first 9 mins of the Star Trek film "disjointed" from the rest of the movie. If I had seen the first 9 mins of the last movie...it would have spoiled the emotional impact of seeing it all in one sitting, as you are seeing the film for the first time.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra