Star Trek Generations movie

beccajay20

Report this Nov. 08 2012, 9:36 am

I finally got to see this movie and i was wondering if anyone knew what datas tears were supposed to be made of?

also was this movie supposed to be set beofre or after the next generation series?

aria.cummings

Report this Nov. 12 2012, 4:07 pm

Not sure what Data's tears were supposed to be made of. And the movie takes place after the series finale "All Good Things."

miklamar

Report this Nov. 13 2012, 8:06 am

I thought Data's emotion chip just made him behave (more) like a normal human being.  He was afraid of being hurt or killed, according to the movie.

And, he made other people afraid to listen to his jokes.

QfromtheContinuum

Report this Nov. 22 2012, 4:47 pm

WHY DID KIRK HAVE TO DIE??!?!?!?!?

miklamar

Report this Nov. 27 2012, 9:34 am

Captain Kirk had already been considered "dead" when the energy string pulled him from the Enterprise, so it wasn't quite as bad as it could have been.

keikeya

Report this Nov. 28 2012, 7:40 pm

Data was the only good thing about that movie.

fstewardiii

Report this Dec. 04 2012, 9:11 pm

Wasnt my favorite. First Contact and Voyage Home both similiar were my favs. I wish there would have been at least one more of TNG. Anyone going to Chicago? never been to one.

UninvitedGuest

Report this Dec. 06 2012, 7:01 pm

That's a cool Star Trek movie cause it was a theatrical release with the Enterprise-D from the television series. In a way it's sort of like another episode after "All Good Things".

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Dec. 06 2012, 9:03 pm

I loved the part where Data pushes Beverly in the water

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this Dec. 07 2012, 2:31 am

Generations wasn't the best but for the most part it was entertaining and a true tre movie, a little action, a little comedy and sci-fi ! Not like this new crap they call star trek -.-

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

miklamar

Report this Dec. 07 2012, 12:18 pm

I agree.  Let's go back to the original timeline.

FVD76

Report this Dec. 17 2012, 8:37 am

I wonder if they will remaster this movie after they've finished remastering the entire TNG Series?  First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis oughta be fine given the fact the crew got a new ship etc.

I do not want what is not mine.... I only want what comes from within....

stunned4life

Report this Jan. 02 2013, 8:55 am

His tears were made of mmy hopes and dreams for a great movie. Just kidding. I think he stated at some point he has internal lubricants of some sort.

jrowebb

Report this Jan. 03 2013, 5:55 am

His tears were his self replinishing lubricant. I ask my fellow fans why didn't Cmdr Riker have the shields remodulated after the second Klingon torpedo passed thru? He's the real reason why the Entrprise was destroyed.

aprilgt555

Report this Jan. 07 2013, 8:50 am

Quote:

I couldn't agree more! I'm sick of this new Trek already. It doesn't even feel like Star Trek anymore.