ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Disney buying Lucas Film

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Oct. 30 2012, 11:57 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/


 


No doubt most people probably have heard this already.


So -- what do you reckon?


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Oct. 31 2012, 8:23 am

Yea... I saw the story last night.  Maybe Disney can buy Star Trek so we have new stuff there too?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1401

Report this Oct. 31 2012, 9:43 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Oct. 31 2012, 8:23 am

>

>Yea... I saw the story last night.  Maybe Disney can buy Star Trek so we have new stuff there too?

>


I agree at least Disney could put the experience at one or both of their parks. CBS isn't doing that great a job with Star Trek anyway.


Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

the bungalo bill

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2308

Report this Oct. 31 2012, 7:18 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>They'll ruin the franchise.

>


Remember, we're talking about the people that brought us the Avengers.


VulcanKat

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 715

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 4:23 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Oct. 30 2012, 11:57 pm

>

>http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/

>No doubt most people probably have heard this already.

>So -- what do you reckon?

>


OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 4:55 am

heheh... well, that's nothing if not succinct...


For my part I honestly think that Star Wars could use some new input, and Disney is well known for family adventure movies, so although my first impression was "WTF?" on reflection it might not end up being such a bad thing.


Although naturally that would of course depend on who winds up being responsible for it.


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 8:25 am

wissa

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4010

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 10:10 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>

>

>They'll ruin the franchise.

>

Remember, we're talking about the people that brought us the Avengers.

WTF ?

The BBC (or ITV) brought us The Avengers and not Disney Corp.

No I've not bothered watching the modern remake / movie of that name.


 


BBC created captain america?


 


that seems so unlikely



Like us on Facebook Haters gotta hate

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 10:15 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>

>

>They'll ruin the franchise.

>

Remember, we're talking about the people that brought us the Avengers.

WTF ?

The BBC (or ITV) brought us The Avengers and not Disney Corp.

No I've not bothered watching the modern remake / movie of that name.

Different Avengers - you're confusing Steed & Peel with Stark & Romanoff. 


Vicsage

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 465

Report this Nov. 02 2012, 1:55 pm

I'm actually glad Disney bought out Lucas.  I've had zero interest in anything Star Wars for years. I was all for little kids and I hate Legos.   So I lose nothing by Disney buying Lucas films and if they make a decent film, which Lucas didn't want to do, maybe I'll get something out of it.  


No response must mean you all agree.

Space Ghost

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 36

Report this Nov. 02 2012, 5:59 pm

To be honest I think this is a good thing. Disney has done a great job with the Marvel movies and I think they'll treat Star Wars with respect

corndogs

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 303

Report this Nov. 05 2012, 9:29 am

Disney is great at Fantasy productions.  I think they will do well with Star Wars.

K_tigress

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3761

Report this Nov. 06 2012, 8:42 pm

Like a big Pokemon card exchange from one rich boy to another very rich boy. And that boy’s name is Spielberg. 
Now the biggest monopoly in the media world. Total control coming to a neighborhood near you.


He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Nov. 06 2012, 8:56 pm

Actually it's Lucas. Spielberg started Dreamworks.


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Nov. 07 2012, 8:28 am

Quote: corndogs @ Nov. 05 2012, 9:29 am

>

>Disney is great at Fantasy productions.  I think they will do well with Star Wars.

>
I miss the older products that Disney created.  I wonder what Walt would say today?

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum