Disney buying Lucas Film

OtakuJo

Report this Oct. 30 2012, 11:57 pm

No doubt most people probably have heard this already.

So -- what do you reckon?

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Oct. 31 2012, 8:23 am

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Oct. 31 2012, 9:43 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Oct. 31 2012, 8:23 am

>Yea... I saw the story last night.  Maybe Disney can buy Star Trek so we have new stuff there too?

I agree at least Disney could put the experience at one or both of their parks. CBS isn't doing that great a job with Star Trek anyway.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

the bungalo bill

Report this Oct. 31 2012, 7:18 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>They'll ruin the franchise.

Remember, we're talking about the people that brought us the Avengers.

VulcanKat

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 4:23 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Oct. 30 2012, 11:57 pm

>http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/

>No doubt most people probably have heard this already.

>So -- what do you reckon?

OtakuJo

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 4:55 am

heheh... well, that's nothing if not succinct...

For my part I honestly think that Star Wars could use some new input, and Disney is well known for family adventure movies, so although my first impression was "WTF?" on reflection it might not end up being such a bad thing.

Although naturally that would of course depend on who winds up being responsible for it.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 8:25 am

wissa

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 10:10 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>They'll ruin the franchise.

Remember, we're talking about the people that brought us the Avengers.

WTF ?

The BBC (or ITV) brought us The Avengers and not Disney Corp.

No I've not bothered watching the modern remake / movie of that name.

BBC created captain america?

that seems so unlikely

Like us on Facebook Haters gotta hate

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Nov. 01 2012, 10:15 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>They'll ruin the franchise.

Remember, we're talking about the people that brought us the Avengers.

WTF ?

The BBC (or ITV) brought us The Avengers and not Disney Corp.

No I've not bothered watching the modern remake / movie of that name.

Different Avengers - you're confusing Steed & Peel with Stark & Romanoff.

Vicsage

Report this Nov. 02 2012, 1:55 pm

I'm actually glad Disney bought out Lucas.  I've had zero interest in anything Star Wars for years. I was all for little kids and I hate Legos.   So I lose nothing by Disney buying Lucas films and if they make a decent film, which Lucas didn't want to do, maybe I'll get something out of it.

No response must mean you all agree.

Space Ghost

Report this Nov. 02 2012, 5:59 pm

To be honest I think this is a good thing. Disney has done a great job with the Marvel movies and I think they'll treat Star Wars with respect

corndogs

Report this Nov. 05 2012, 9:29 am

K_tigress

Report this Nov. 06 2012, 8:42 pm

Like a big Pokemon card exchange from one rich boy to another very rich boy. And that boy’s name is Spielberg.
Now the biggest monopoly in the media world. Total control coming to a neighborhood near you.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

OtakuJo

Report this Nov. 06 2012, 8:56 pm

Actually it's Lucas. Spielberg started Dreamworks.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Nov. 07 2012, 8:28 am

Quote: corndogs @ Nov. 05 2012, 9:29 am

>Disney is great at Fantasy productions.  I think they will do well with Star Wars.

I miss the older products that Disney created.  I wonder what Walt would say today?