Was Catspaw a great Halloween Episode

Don81

Report this Oct. 27 2012, 11:31 am

Was Catspaw a great Halloween Episode?

Do you feel Catspaw is a great Halloween Episode?

Catspaw had a Halloween themes.The Episode had a mindless zombies  big black Cats,dungeons,skeletons and a lot more.

tos.trekcore.com/episode/season2/2x07/

randy kerr

Report this Oct. 27 2012, 3:28 pm

i think so.

beccajay20

Report this Oct. 29 2012, 10:55 am

honestyl i thought this was a good halloween episode

black cats, dungeons, and of course the starting scene reminded me of macbeth

CloudMinder2

Report this Oct. 29 2012, 3:58 pm

it was one of the worst TOS episodes ever, so in that sense it was a horror show... but i guess if you're going to watch it, Halloween is as good a time as any...

"There are always alternatives" Spock

J.T.Kirk

Report this Oct. 30 2012, 2:16 pm

This is definitely not in my Top 10 .... and it's also not among my worst ten.  The special effects with the dry ice, castle, dungeon and the Enterprise Voodoo ornament were decent. The 'singing goblins' that appear just after Kirk and boys beamed down are hilarious and I'll eat my hat if they weren't the costume inspiration for the rock band, 'KISS'.

Unfortunately the 'cat woman' was no Mona Lisa and she bordered on being annoying. Also, knowing that they were filming in Southern Cal, surely they could have organized a slightly more menacing and larger cat from one of the many animal ranches there.

beccajay20

Report this Nov. 08 2012, 10:23 am

i agree that using a black cat was corny but the technology was pretty low budget i remeber the first time i saw this episode i thought that the black housecat was hilarious

J.T.Kirk

Report this Nov. 13 2012, 7:02 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>I just wish they had remastered the last scene where you see pipe-cleaner Sylvia

So true, lame to say the least - even considering the limited budget and pre-plastics boom era. They could have at least cloned out the marionette strings. One other error with this episode that I caught while watching recently was that Korob appears to adress Spock as Mr. 'Spark'.  Well, it sure sounds that way to my ears, anyway. Have a close listen next time and see if any of you can confirm this - when they first get together in the castle's main room. Sylvia's addressing of Spock may well be suspect as well .....

shadygrove22

Report this Dec. 11 2012, 7:09 pm

Loved her outfit...

egrant2

Report this Dec. 26 2012, 9:57 pm

I enjoyed the little awkard "true self" versions on strings at the end.  For what it was worth, I enjoyed it!